Need help with sport springs

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have a 1.9TDi Avant which was factory fitted with sport shocks & springs. I'm replacing the lot as shocks & springs are just about nackered. I've already got Bilstein B6 shocks for front & rear, and I decided SACHS springs, but after fitting one of the front shocks & springs the the ride high has increased by around an inch!

So I'm going to ditch the SACHS springs and get something else, but not sure what. I priced the genuine springs from Audi and they were almost £400. |I've seen springs on ebay but the drop is around 40MM which I think is too much as I'm not intrested in slaming the car, it's my daily driver so what to keep it comfortable and it's also on 16" and would look daft if it's lowered to much, I'm also not putting larger wheels on the car juct keeping the 16".

If I could get some like for like sports springs and not pay Audi gold leaf spring money I would be happy as a pig in ****

The arch gaps are so huge on the A4 40mm probably wouldnt be bad at all. Eibach springs are 30mm im sure. Lot of people match them up to the Bilstein shocks.

Question is then, would a 30mm drop be from standard springs or sports springs?

from standard typically.

Nearly all aftermarket spring suppliers sell normal SE level ride height springs. Same goes across ALL manufacturers "sport" models.

I'd go eibach if you can stretch to them, but make sure you match up the axle weights rather than trusting their descriptions. I found for my car they listed two, one said something like 1.8T without AC and one said 1.8T with AC, but the "1.8T with AC" springs had the same front rate as the ones intended for a V6, so would make the car sit stupid.