1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with front splitter please?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by marnie2k, May 2, 2010.

1. marnie2k

marnie2k Member

[May 2, 2010]
    hello guys i know people have posted about this before but i am struggling with this issue. i have a cupra r front splitter and want to fit it to my a3 but i cant seem to get it in the right please and im not to sure how far forward it sits? can some please help me with this matter? thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 28, 2014]

3. c_w

c_w Well-Known Member

[May 2, 2010]
    As it's a DIY fitment, there is not right or wrong way to fit them IMO. You want to bring it forward enough so that it sits forward of the bottom of the bumper but not too far that you can see the moulded lip/smooth top part of the splitter. You also need to cut down the two central supports; don't cut them fully off as they can be used to position the splitter with longer screws "jammed" inside the v-sections of the supports.
  4. robby

robby Member

[May 2, 2010]
    I fitted mine so the flat bit on top is just out of sight - slid back under bumper
  5. marnie2k

marnie2k Member

[May 2, 2010]
    thhanks for the advice pal i will give it ago and if i get stuck ill be back :D