1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with 98 a3 1.8t non bose with aftermarket HU

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by A38L1.8T, Jan 12, 2013.

1. A38L1.8T

A38L1.8T New Member

[Jan 12, 2013]
    Hi I just recently bought a 98 1.8t that came with a non bose stereo and rear amp.
    After installing a new HU I noticed the rear speakers and sub weren't working and the HUs memory resets every time i turn the car off.
    So..
    After reading a few threads I think I've worked out i need to switch the red and the yellow wires over for the memory to work?
    and
    I've read about getting a pc9-404 adapter or something to get the rear speakers and sub working but also heard that it sounds pretty poor because its only a 20w amp. Few people have said to wire the rear speakers directly into the HU but i was wondering is it the brown plug i wire them into or the pre outs?
    Also is there any chance i could then get the standard amp working with just the sub without this pc9 adapter, like rewire it into the preouts or something? and could i bridge the channels to the sub for more juice? Or could I use my own aftermarket amp to power the standard sub but just turn everything down?
    I also have my own sub i could install but if i can get the standard one sounding half decent then i could deal with it for the stealth. I've read about andymac's stealth subs which look awesome but I'm a student and cant afford it at the moment
    I'm pretty new to all this kind of stuff but want to learn and look after my car :)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]