1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help new car to me

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by d3sbo, Jan 21, 2009.

1. d3sbo

d3sbo New Member

[Jan 21, 2009]
    hi all i hope some one can advise me
    my car has some things i would like to sort out like small stone chips on bonnet pin pircks. one stone chip on front door and a brown colour on the leather near the back up/down knob and a 5 inch white scratch on back quater not deep but white well you cannot feel it but i know the garage tryed to polish it out. i will try to get some pics at weekend
    thanks

o its in black
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

[Jan 23, 2009]
    I'll wait for the pictures of the problems before saying too much, but with regard to the stone chips, quite often a respray is the best overall option, because touching in and flatting back lots of tiny chips can leave a poor overall finish (that said, the Dr Colour Chip repair system is gaining a fan base, and provided the colour match is spot on, the effect can be good). The scratch sounds ominous, but as I said, get some pics up to shed more light on the problems. :icon_thumright:
  4. d3sbo

d3sbo New Member

[Jan 23, 2009]
    thanks i will get some pics
  5. d3sbo

d3sbo New Member

[Jan 24, 2009]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

they are not verry good photos but will try to get some more ehen the sun is out
  6. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

[Jan 26, 2009]
    Aye, not the best, but I can see straight away that the stone chip problem looks to be widespread, so I would suggest a respray of the affected panels would be the best way forward if you want an invisible fix. The scratch I'm still not sure about - more pics in focus would help, but I know how hard it can be to get a compact camera to focus on scratches - never easy! Where are you based - might be worth me trying to point you towards a trusted detailer in your area for an 'in the flesh' inspection as such. :yes:
  7. d3sbo

d3sbo New Member

[Jan 26, 2009]
    i have had my local body shop look at the car to night and thay told me there is not much clear coat left left where the scratches are

thanks

i dont realy want a respray
  8. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

[Feb 3, 2009]
    No option then, you'll just have to live with them if a respray isn't viable. :sm4: