1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help in Glasgow

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by fallmonk, Oct 10, 2012.

1. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Oct 10, 2012]
    Looking for someone with a VCDS/Vag Com and 20 mins of spare time, i dont seam to have heated mirrors working but fuse is ok , i doubt (but is possible) both have just chucked it but am thinking its a realy?
    but would like this confirmed ,
    Plus i would like the car "coded to the UK" its been mentioned this was probably never done when it got its PDI from Audi originaly . as when you open the drivers door the pasenger door is opened in the DIS !
    silly but annoying . any one who could help it would be appriciated please PM me mick
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Oct 10, 2012]
    Were you at the meet on Sunday?......if so sorry I didnt get round to fixing this problem. Was maxxed out doing alot of VCDS stuff on multiple cars.
    fallmonk likes this.
  4. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 10, 2012]
    ​Check out the scottish members list, the vcds holders are all marked in red. :) x
  5. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Oct 10, 2012]
    Yes mate was there sunday but you was rushed off your feet didnt want to pester you , will have a look as sandra says try get someone to have a quick look at it
  6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Oct 11, 2012]
    Pull the glass of & check for heated wiring & glass connections 1st.
  7. Gazthesparky

Gazthesparky Member VCDS Map User

[Oct 11, 2012]
    +1 for what NHN said when I checked mine I saw the 2 wires on the mirror it wasn't untill I looked closer that I realised the connectors were just pushed onto plastic tabs on the backs of the mirrors which was to keep them out of the way

Check that they are actually connected to metal tabs and that you have a heater element on the back of the glass

If not you just need to get a heated mirror from Audi and push the connectors onto the metal tabs on the new mirror and hey presto they work when you press the rear Demist button

They also don't work unless its below a certain temp outside
  8. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Oct 15, 2012]
    how do i get mirror glass off with out breaking ?
  9. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Oct 15, 2012]
    Tilt it forward, get your fingers behind spread evenly & apply pressure slowly towards you, should pop of, dont apply pressure in one small area or it'll crack.