Need help ...How do you remove a Mutifunction wheel?

drnutta

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can someone please pass me information on how to remove my multifunction steering wheel?

Also a procedure in reinstalling... worried i might have to recode etc...

Right there are two covers on the back of the wheel which you need to prise off, these revel 2 bolts which hold the air bag in place, remove these then disconnect the air bag and then using a rachet remove the central holding bolt on the wheel. Make sure all looms are disconnected and remove wheel. You will need vagcom to reset the airbag light when you replace the wheel. Quite simple all in all.

You won't need to vagcom it if you leave the ignition off. Also the Bolt that holds the steering wheel on is of the spline variety (size M12) so make sure you have the correct size before you start

They do recomend disconnecting battery for 30 mins before working on the airbag (ie disconnecting it) but I'm sure thats making very sure nothing can go wrong, where's not disconnecting will probably mean nothing will go wrong - ie static charge setting it off LOL

Covers over the bolts?? I didnt get them on mine :-(

Why are you removing it?

Hi guys,

Managed to get the wheel put back... but tried to clear the ESP Steering Angle Sensor Calibration error.
would anyone know which procedure to clear?

[Select]
[03 - ABS Brakes]
[Login - 11]
Enter 40168
[Do It!]
[Basic Settings - 04]
Group 060
[Go!]

or
[Select]
[03 - ABS Brakes]
[Login - 11]
Enter 40168
[Do It!]

[Basic Settings - 04]
Group 001
[Go!]

now that is for the a3 8p of course.

any idea... i take it am doing this right?

Hi Guys

Apologies for starting up an old tread, i'm looking at replacing my current multi-function controls with the new chrome style. I'm a complete novice with all this Vagcom stuff, will the car still need this is the battery is disconnected first and does anybody know how easy it is to replace the controls on a wheel with DSG?

Thanks for your help

You have to be careful when removing the frame that holds them given the locating lugs are easy to snap of upon removal, it can be tricky if you're not very technical, but certainly not impossible mate, you have to edge each corner out a little at a time, battery doesnt need to be disconnected IMHO & done fair few jobs with steering wheel/airbag of with battery connected still, but vagcom is always advised.used in these situations to verify all is ok upon completion of work.

I know a guy in coalville who for some beer tokens will do the swap for you & he has genuine vagcom.

Hi mate

Would you be able to do this for me?

i could mate yes, but im affraid with the obscene rate i have to charge to cover NHN's commision i think youll be better off taking it too a bugati dealer!! lmfao of course mate, when would you like it done and do we meet, you to me, me to you, just let me know or pm me your number
lea

nige is just bitter at the mo people, and i guess he needs the comission to recoop money he spent on toys for himself without telling his better half, now deeply in the dog house so feels the need to vent his sarcasum on me as he cant win with the bride.
this is also the reason he has asked me to help m88jcp as nige is currentlly not allowed out the house.

lmfao bar steward lmfao but so true, so true, lmfao

She doesnt know the cartridges for the decks are £100 aswell & the mixer to come, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

and here's me lost in a sea of toys, drugs & rent boys, oh and NHN's comission charges lmao :crying:

For a sec I read that as sex toys lmfao, man I need to stay of redtube