Need help asap not locking windows not going up..

A3_sline

Reaction score
Hi
Firstly id like to say sorry if repost or in. The wrong section i have an audi a3 sportback 2006 the central locking and windows playing up the door lock fine with key in the door and all the windows not going up or down need help asap
Thanks

u tried holding the key to the left when ur locking with the key? this normally engages global closure (close all windows).

Its probably a fuse, had this problem on a bmw I owned recently, take it to Halfords tomorrow, they fixed mine for the price of the fuse, £2.30 !

To be honest doubt can be a fuse as it sometimes decide to work 😏

Hi mate,

The harness at the drivers door hinge may have broken wires or may just be loose at the connector! Pull the rubber boot back and inspect the loom.

Hi mate,

The harness at the drivers door hinge may have broken wires or may just be loose at the connector! Pull the rubber boot back and inspect the loom.

+1 this seems to be quite a common problem.

Had a look at that it seems alright? Also got another problem hazad lights keep going off not much joy with car not happy

Have you got a multimeter to hand to test continuity of all cables that run through the door hinge rubber? They may look ok but could be broken inside the cable insulation.

Not sure about the hazard lights - is the switch faulty?

If the wires were damaged will the windows work sometimes. Also when windows not working cemtral locking of keypad dont work? And for the hazads the switch works fine
Thanks

Hi all
Got it checked with multi meter wires seem all alright took door card of 1 of the module there was showing no sign of life also have fault P0600

Up date for the window and locking problem been told can be the comfort control module?
Thanks