Need clutch kit what should i go for as im having hybrid fitted on tuesday

TDI140

Reaction score
What clutch should i go for in using the car on a daily basis so it needs to be a dual mass and also handle the torque and power of stage 2 hybrid im confused as the ebay guys just try and sell you anything lol

i need a link to a suitable clutch kit but cheap if possible lol

What clutch should i go for in using the car on a daily basis so it needs to be a dual mass and also handle the torque and power of stage 2 hybrid im confused as the ebay guys just try and sell you anything lol

i need a link to a suitable clutch kit but cheap if possible lol

Spend ur moneys worth, no point having all that power with a sub standard clutch

im running standard sach flywheel with a helix clutch

Where can i buy clutch from ? And did you buy a new flywheel or use the original that was on your car as my mechanic said my clutch is perfectly fine but wont handle hybrid power

Also ive been looking at clutches all day and theres about 20 for my car from each company im confised on which one is right

I went direct to helix iirc, standard clutch started slipping after stage1 so replaced the flywheel the same time as fitting the helix

I'm running a SMF conversion, a fair bit heavier in comparison to DMF and oem clutch but it takes the abuse all day long.

My clutch is fine at the moment but if i can get away with just buying a clutch and keeping standard flywheel ill be happy and will save money, also do you have link to the clutch you bought that would be great if you can post a link,

smf is not for me tbh i cant stand the chattering noise it makes on idle i will go mental because of the passengers asking me what it is lol

sachs flywheel and you will need the helix clutch to match the flywheel. euro car parts do them both .

Ill go and see them i think when i have enough money lol, also have you heard good things about turbo dynamics as thats where ive ordered my turbo from and how long have you had you hybrid installed on you car and what bar boost is it running ?

I have a Garrett GT1749V hybrid, running 1.75 bar boost, had it fitted at the beginning of January, never used turbo dynamics so couldn't comment on them bud

I have a Garrett GT1749V hybrid, running 1.75 bar boost, had it fitted at the beginning of January, never used turbo dynamics so couldn't comment on them bud
wheres yours from also i think mines the gt20 hybrid MDX481 Stage 2 Hybrid Turbo for VAG 2.0TDI 140bhp engines [MDX481] - £805.00 : Turbo Dynamics, Turbochargers & Performance Products

also hows the car running with the hybrid ? Because a mate of mine has hybrid on his s3 1.8t 225bhp hes running 340bhp through that engine with injectors exhaust conrods etc etc

Turbo technics I got mine from, no running issues, still on standard internals and IC, I've had a milder map put on mine though just for peace of mind as its my daily, but still approx. 220bhp and plenty of torque!

Sounds good pal im having 1.65 bar i think and i have new intercooler already fitted what clutch did you buy ?

Fr-r tuning said run 1.7 bar as its a stage 2 and they are running 1.8 bar on there a3 2.0tdi project car but they have more work doen than my car

I've got the helix fast road clutch fitted mate, it's handled all I've thrown at it so far lol

Sounds good i just got a worried because a mate of mien said that hybrid turbos dont last very long but everyone on forums say theconplete opposite and say they are mate to last and are much stronger than standard turbos