Need bost gauge ideas!!

S£

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted a boost gauge to there facelift S3 ?? I'm after ideas, Don't particularly want one but if it helps me monitor boost pressure and check if i could be down on power I'm all for it, i want nice and discreet not in your face on the dash, i have thought of a digi one in the cup holder or i do vaguely remember seeing one on here which had little lights in the rev counter.

Help will be appreciated on a good make gauge and pictures of other peoples gauges would be great!

Plus has any one fitted in car boost controllers? are they any good? i like the idea of winding boost right down when plodding about...save in petrol and all that! payed £1.15.9 a liter on super unleaded to day....NOT Good

this is what some guy called mds done on seatcupra.net

15092007003ij5.jpg

15092007011ge4.jpg

17092007014ar6.jpg

15092007007ie1.jpg

17092007013ui2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

check my post on boost gauge had one fitted to my s3 facelift for 25quid,not to everyones taste but i like it.
STH70105.jpg

STH70111.jpg

It looks nice on...Looks strange off ( but i suppose you don't drive with it off anyway! ) not keen on the position... maybe on the A pillar

it lights up when ignition is on.im planning on getting it moved to the bottom of the a-pillar but havent come across a good pillar mount yet.

I have just got mine back from The Phirm. They have fitted mine behind the vents on the driver's heater and taken off the tab to move the fins around. You barely notice it't there when the engine is off and it shines through the vents when it's on....looks spot on and exactly how I wanted it!

I have just got mine back from The Phirm. They have fitted mine behind the vents on the driver's heater and taken off the tab to move the fins around. You barely notice it't there when the engine is off and it shines through the vents when it's on....looks spot on and exactly how I wanted it!

Sounds good have you got any pictures you can put up?

I can't host them as my phone is not syn'd to my laptop and my camera is on the blink. If you text me on 07887 567 686 I'll send a phone picture if you can host it and put it up?

Will

hmm not sure about that,im sure it would look good at night though,i think id prefere it if it want mounted on the outside of the vent,

i fibre glassed my old boost gauage pillar to the a pod, looked smart, almost factory, i flocked it after i done it all and it looked good

Would be good to see what it looks like in the dark too!

Not really a fair idea of what it looks like actually as that was my phone with the flash on!

It is far less obvious than that in daylight and the face is black so you can't see the dials.

At night it lights up white and red but I will change the bulbs so they match the rest of the dash.

Looks very subtle...