Need An Advice ...

ST09

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm in middle of a dilema and I need some input from you lot. I'm thinking of buying a new A3 with same spec as my current A3 but in an ibis White but one of my mate thinks I should stick with color black as black car holds it value better than a White car . Advice please?

Sal

Frankly, if you're prepared to change an '09 plater for a '10 plater, I'd ask why are you worried about how much the retained value difference will be from paint colour? If you're happy to crystalise a loss like that on a regular basis (which your car history suggests and I can appreciate from previous experience!) then the %age difference between a flat and metallic should mean very little to you!

Frankly, if you're prepared to change an '09 plater for a '10 plater, I'd ask why are you worried about how much the retained value difference will be from paint colour? If you're happy to crystalise a loss like that on a regular basis (which your car history suggests and I can appreciate from previous experience!) then the %age difference between a flat and metallic should mean very little to you!

Agreed! id like to do the same, but the cost of doing so will be madness!! im just gonna have to live with the swirlie phantom!

I totally agree with what you are saying sir .. I'm thinking of keep hold of the next car for next 2-3 years hence the reason i felt the need to ask fellow members for their advice .. To be honest im happy with the current car and love it to bits .. Recently got it serviced and had new tyres put on and even got it detailed a couple weeks back .. The only reason im thinking of selling it is cuz of the mileage (17k miles) mostly motorway miles plus ive been offered good price for it £19k (in my opinion) so i thought why not .. To be honest im not bothered about 10 plater even if i get hold of 59 plate with 2-3k miles on clock ill be happy with it .. Just im in two minds regarding the color lol

Sal

Live with the black, start modding it :wub:

lol I'm going to keep the car mod free as my gf and I both drive that car .. She had already written off 3 cars(2 her fault speeding on m62) in last 2 years .. So lol i doubt it that I'd be spending extra money on the car .. Ive got her revo'd stage 1 plus select switch and during weekdays i switch it back to stock setting as my gf use it for commuting to her work (and the look i get from my gf when i switch the settings *evil*) .. I spend my extra money on mini jcw lol ... Let me ask you nate if you had a choice which one would you go for brilliant black or ibis white (i guess you know better than most of us on this forum as you are detailing god lol) .

Sal

ill play a wild card then and say get the current one wrapped then you can change it when you like

Ibis, blacks too much work, or you could go to grey!! you are lucky to have the one you have....

Had an option of Ibis White, Sepang Blue & Phantom Black .. Ended up getting Phantom Black :p .. Picking it up next week :p

'59 Plate Jan 2010 .. 170ps Black Edition

Sal