1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a new RNS-e laser

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by just017, Jun 7, 2010.

1. just017

just017 Member

Hi people.

My laser is on it's way out. Apart from Haagie and Rabbit on the .us forum does anyone else sell new lasers? I've sent both a PM but no reply as yet. Any help is appreciated

Cheers

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. just017

just017 Member

has anyone on here replaced their laser?

4. fgaffney

fgaffney Member

I'd like to know this too as my laser is really fussy about what discs it reads and could do with being replaced as well!

5. just017

just017 Member

I'm currently trying to find out who manufactures the lasers. Aisin AW make the unit as a whole but I think Panasonic may make the laser. Once I know which laser it uses I will post up.currently waiting for Aisin Belgium to email back

6. aristides

aristides Member

Sometimes its just the disc, sometimes its the laser.

If you`re using copies that arent "well burned" it may cause your laser to malfunction.

Try an original DVD for a start, and if it works ok , it will be your DVD disc that has the problem!

In case you need a better copy, let me know i could help, i guess

7. wesley

wesley Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

You Have PM mate

8. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

Before you go to the expense of replacing the laser, as advised by Aristides try an original disc first. If you're using a backup avoid cheap media. Then try cleaning the laser. You can do this with a good quality CD/DVD cleaner but you will get better results if you remove the lid and clean it with a cotton bud soaked in isopropyl alcohol (just like cleaning tape heads!)

If you want a trusted source for new lasers or complete drives try Haaggie or Rabbit over on audiforums.us

9. ashurz

ashurz New Member

My RNS-E is on it's way back from Rabbit (due back early next week) after the DVD mechanism failed leaving the DVD stuck inside. Cut a long story short, i've ased him to include my old laser so i can sell it !! I wasn't getting any ready errors from the old laser and i have always had genuine discs in the unit. If anyone wants to make me an offer; feel free, just drop me a pm, Otherwise I'll chuck it on ebay Thanks

10. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

I have a full unit that i'd strip for spares if anyone is interested. The screen doesn't work and not sure if it's a cable / fuse or screen issue but the unit plays radio and SD cards ok. So if anyone needs parts, PM me and we can agree a price.

11. RicoS3

RicoS3 Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!

Your one burst already Carl? Or is it a back up unit? With your attention to detail and OCD, I wouldn't be surprised if you bought 2, lol!! :haha:

12. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

Probably the backlight on the screen. Still I'm sure rabbit will take the whole unit it off your hands.

13. just017

just017 Member

Yeah if either of you will sell me the laser then please post a sellin price as I'm interested

14. VWAddict

VWAddict Member
    VCDS Map User

I'm looking for the 'skip forward' and 'skip back' button caps (they pop off) because I'm an idiot who pooped them off so they wouldn't get scratched while I used the removal tools (the slot is RIGHT next to them)...

And then I lost them!

-IDIOT!!!

-So I'm definitely looking for these button caps.

Keith

15. VWAddict

VWAddict Member
    VCDS Map User

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

I found my button caps!!!

(I Just had to share the joy!)