Need a new clutch, can anyone help recommend one??

harrsf

Reaction score
Good morning all,

Before anyone comments with 'why dont you try using the search facility', i already have and im still struggling.....

My standard clutch is slipping on my S3, which has recently had a FMIC and Revo stage 1 fitted.
My question is what would be the best type of clutch to go for on this taking into consideration;

- that I am toying with the idea of stage 2 (downpipe, sportscat and software) in the near future
- not sure how long im going to keep the car itself (may get bored after a year or may run it into the ground?!)
- budget isnt endless at this time of year (the daughter wants A LOT for christmas lol!)
- i probably dont drive it as hard as i should, usually just potter to work and the gym.... but i would like to be able to drive it fairly hard if need be.

If anyone could help this would be much appreciated and any links or part numbers would also be massively helpful. Once again sorry for the (what im assuming is a) common question!

Sean

standard clutch or equivalent sachs clutch will be fine, you only need an uprated clutch when you start playing wiht new turbos in my opinion

however - if you are going to launch your car at every chance, you'll need an uprated one if you want it lo last

Thanks for the input guys, i will have a look today at some and start pricing up. Im not too clued up on these things but ive been advised to change the flywheel too, does this sound right? cheers

Yeah you should change your flywheel whilst you're there. Have just had my clutch/flywheel changed.

To give you an idea for me it was..

£129.99 + VAT for a SACHS clutch
£249.99 + VAT for a Dual Mass Flywheel
£20.00 + VAT for the release bearing

Then fitting on top unless you're doing it yourself.

Thanks for the input guys, i will have a look today at some and start pricing up. Im not too clued up on these things but ive been advised to change the flywheel too, does this sound right? cheers
I have a light fly wheel