Need a bit more power.

leespears1

Reaction score
I wanna stick on an induction kit just to get a bit of noise going and a tad more power. I dont want to bulls up the MAF so oil coated ones are out the question. Any recommended induction kits for me then? Also can I fit i myself and what will my insurance increase by approx when i declare it. Cheers.

It will make sod all difference to the power but may make a nicer noise. Depending on the type of filter it may stay cleaner longer than a paper filter and therefore reduce power loss (not the same as a power gain).

[ QUOTE ]
leespears1 said:
I wanna stick on an induction kit just to get a bit of noise going and a tad more power. I dont want to bulls up the MAF so oil coated ones are out the question. Any recommended induction kits for me then? Also can I fit i myself and what will my insurance increase by approx when i declare it. Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee,

This has been discussed many times...so please use the search function.

Anyway, I would say just drop in a replacement panel type filter if you really have to upgrade. I wanted a bit of induction noise and a bit of bling under the hood which is why I fitted a carbon fibre airbox with a stainless steel filter....but you'll see there are different comments on the forum about the pro's and con's of each of the filters.