nearly stolen last night

MickA3

Reaction score
Nearly lost my car last night- i heard a noise downstairs (this is around 6am) and was half asleep/ thought nothing of it…the heard another and woke up a bit and then heard the stairs and someone opening spare room door- turned in my bed and listened and the intruder froze a second before moving quickly downstairs- I jumped up and ran down but they had legged it out the front or back door (not sure which)- maybe both cos two of them I think….back door lock burst was open and all presses open and draw in hall, front rooms checked- rang gards and they sent car….in the meantime I went down the road looking for them but nobody around- then went back and noticed nothing gone- mobile on counter top, dvds, etc all left- gards came and said were after the car keys to the Audi outside and they had broken into another house in the area which is where they had come from- when they saw the back door they said yep, same crowd….can't believe it- I'm the end house deep in an estate- I'm convinced they had done a run of the area previously….the crime lab people dusted for prints but found none- doesn't sound like young fellas joyriding to me….i'm just lucky i had my keys beside my bed....i suppose take this as a warning to be careful where you leave your keys!!

man, thats sucks. Got to be glad that your all safe, rather than worrying about where you keep your keys. I'd rather they take the damn car and let me sleep /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

p.s. guards? was this on a forces base?

jesus mick that is scary!

a mate of mine lost his R34 skyline that way as the keys were hanging up on a hook near the front door!

my keys always come to bed with me...well clsoe nearby if you know what I mean!

next to the small batton as well!

but if someone had a knife or gun it would be take it mate! only a car!!

has got a tracker so plod can pick them up down the road!

bloddy gypsy thieving w4nkers!

Close call, you'd like to catch one of those thieving scum bags though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
man, thats sucks. Got to be glad that your all safe, rather than worrying about where you keep your keys. I'd rather they take the damn car and let me sleep /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

p.s. guards? was this on a forces base?

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it. He wrote "gards" not "guards". As he's in Dublin, I suspect he was referring to the local Police.

Sorry! my fault- by "gards" i meant garda siochana (the irish police force).... at the end of the day it's probably best I didn't end up tackling them as it's just a car and not worth getting into a dangerous situation over (no matter how tempting it is to confront someone)....its a shame but entering houses to get car keys is becoming very common and when thieves are getting cheeky enough to enter bedrooms it is definitely something to be aware of....I got quite a shock i can tell ya!

close shave mate - pleased ur ok and still got the car. it's truly crap that they have teh balls to come into the house to take people's possessions! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Rob

Thats exactly why my keys never leave my side, even when i'm in bed!!

I think this is a good reason to leave the keys beside the front door! I love my car to bits, but if these idiots are desperate / determined enough to brake into your house when they know your their, who knows why they might do if they have to wake you up.

They can have the ****** car and the insurance can sort it over, don't care what car either, it's not worth getting hurt over!

agree with GTQ if you had caught them i'm sure they would have retaliated glad your ok

Im sure glad Winston Churchill did not take this all too popular attitude,
People still get attacked even if they do what their visitior tells them.

The only thing that will make Burglers think twice about what they are doing know they
risk being injured or killed if they go uninvited into someone elses home.

"The only thing that will make Burglers think twice about what they are doing know they
risk being injured or killed if they go uninvited into someone elses home"

It's a great sentiment, but the reality is slightly diferent. Look at the recent petty street muggings which have resulted in serious injury or death in a few cases, over a fiver or a mobile phone. These scum don't have anything to lose, they go equipped and if confronted will do whatever it takes to get away. They know that there is very little chance of prosecution if they can flee the scene regardless of the damage caused to the victim.
Do you really wanna end up in a wheelchair or worse because of some low life who'll get a couple of years for GBH at best?
Unless they're threatening you or your family steer well clear. If you are lucky enough to put one in hospital, it's you who'll end up in the dock because of the pathetic nanny state garbage laws we have in this country governing breaking & entering.
All you can do is reduce the risk with reasonable security measures or better still get cctv installed and let the police sort it out.

Its different in your own home... You are allowed to use 'reasonable force'.. I.e if they sh*t their pants and run, you can go after them and f*ck them up... But if they attack you, you can use whatever to defend yourself.

Rich

I think you mean can't in there rich, your not allow to attack them if there running.

however I completly agree with AndyMac, it's just not worth it, my reasoning behind leaving the keys somewhere obvious is that if they do break in they'll be in your home for as short a time as possible as they seem to only be after the car!

I agree with AndyMac- in my case they broke in using a crowbar and a small saw- they were prepared....

[ QUOTE ]
Its different in your own home... You are allowed to use 'reasonable force'.. I.e if they sh*t their pants and run, you can't go after them and f*ck them up... But if they attack you, you can use whatever to defend yourself.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You can only use "whatever" to defend yourself if it's deemed reasonable.
So if they are armed with just a stanley knife its frowned upon to shoot then repeatedly with a nail gun, (my particular weapon of choice).
Maybe next to the keys you could leave a questionaire for them to fill out so you know what sort of items to take with you when you confront them!

Lol... well, like for like i say... fight a blade with a blade... 36" katana should do the trick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.. But even then, if you life is at risk, then i do believe that 'reasonable force' is anything to protect yourself... So a nailgun sho to the arm or hand would be alright /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif... a 9m through the head might be a little excessive though! lol

Obviously though, by far the easiest way and by far the safest is to leave them to it... if you've got tracker, then they scum will be more than likely caught anyway.

Rich