Near side front interior door trim removal advice?

Greytop

Reaction score
Hi wondered if anybody has any help they can offer with this? Or a link to a diagram some where???

I have got as far as removing the single screw in the middle of the door trim at the bottom and then the screw in the base of door handle. I can't see anything else that is obvious.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thanks Yaseen, my A4 has the Aluminium trim on the dash and doors, is that easy to remove from the door trim to gain access to the other screws? Is it case of just prising it off?

cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Since in a good mood looked it up for you on AW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif be carefull not break the clips!

"Just pull the trim piece out, it's held in by snaps. The last one (closest to the car) is a hook, so you just pull laterally, parallel to the door, to release it. Then pull off the door starting from the bottom up, should come out."

DASH in case you need it: (bear in mind LHD car incase slight difference)

All the door pieces pull off with a little tugging.

The larger dash trim piece has I think 7 bolts to remove. You have to remove the drivers' side lower-dash panel under the steering wheel, open the glovebox, and also remove the side dash covers (the panels that hide the fusebox and the opposite side that hides the glovebox mechanism.) Once these are off:

1 bolt on the right side where the passenger dash-side panel was removed - there is a hole in the metal plate that the bolt is accessed through.

3 bolts on the underside of the dash that you can access with the glove box open.

1 bolt by the ignition that can be accessed with the drivers's side lower dash removed.

2 bolts behind the upper console trim (the piece that covers the hazards switch, cup holder) - this piece is basically "popped" out from behind, I used a small screwdriver that I inserted from the side of the console part that you can access with the glove box opened...it's like a small slit that you can fit the screwdriver into to push the piece out from the back of it. Do the same to the left side of the piece and carefully pry it out, it is kept in by little rubber dampers and plastic clips that are part of the mold of that console piece. It comes off surprisingly easy.

The larger trim piece should now come off with little or no muscle.

The small left trim piece is kept in by 3 bolts that you need to have the lower dash out for:

2 bolts are easily viewable. The 3rd bolt is behind the light switch, so you have to pop that out. The switch is kept in by 2 plastic tabs on either side of it, you have to depress the tabs to allow the switch to slide out (that was a pain to get to one of the tabs for me), as the switch slides out, unplug it from it's electrical harness. You can now remove the switch fully and get to the 3rd bolt directly behind where the switch was. Once out, the trim piece will come off with ease.

no worries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif