Navigation GPS

Raul_sbd

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

I will get my gps Navigation activated tomorrow in Audi. Just one question does the navigation informs you of the real time traffic and then do calculate alternative routes?

Many thanks

It does have traffic on yes but it doesn't seem to re-route around it...just rather pointlessly tells you there is an accident in x miles....mines just the standard sd nav not the fancy tech pack one.

It does have traffic on yes but it doesn't seem to re-route around it...just rather pointlessly tells you there is an accident in x miles....mines just the standard sd nav not the fancy tech pack one.

Same mine will be the standart one... how come if find out is traffic doesnt get your way around it? thats not right...

Thanks for your answer.. Navigation is expensive to activate.. but is a need nowdays if you want to avoid sticking holders and cables on your windscreen..

I have the SD satnav and it does re-route you based on traffic information, but it seems the delay has to be quite significant before the feature activates.

Reactions: Raul_sbd
I have SD Nav and didn't even realise it would do this! I figured Traffic would just play my traffic announcements from the radio, interrupting anything else playing at the time

I have SD Nav and didn't even realise it would do this! I figured Traffic would just play my traffic announcements from the radio, interrupting anything else playing at the time
So you never saw the traffic on ur Gps sd navigation? Could anyone confirm that definitely has the traffic feature and redirect you depending the traffic? Many thanks

my understanding is that it does traffic as these are broadcast over FM. Not sure about the rerouting.

So you never saw the traffic on ur Gps sd navigation? Could anyone confirm that definitely has the traffic feature and redirect you depending the traffic? Many thanks

I've got traffic turned off as didn't want traffic announcements interrupting any music etc that was playing. I'm not aware if it does more than just traffic announcements as I've not had it on

I believe it uses TMC so will tell you about major delays on motorways and A roads. I know it doesn't do slow traffic like Google maps.