1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Navi Plus MMC or SD Discs

Shadowman Jul 21, 2007

1. Shadowman

Shadowman Active Member

Hi all,

I have an '06 A4 with Naviplus and Bose but no CD changer. I am not much of a techno head, but I presume that I can get MMC or SD cards to slot in to the two slots behind the screen, but it seems pretty specific in the manual which ones I can and cannot use. Any idea where I can get some and exactly what I will need to get as it is all double-dutch to me ?

Also, will this mean that I can continue to listen to music on these whilst the Sat Nav is still working ?

Finally, what size will I need ( I presume there is a maximum the unit will read ) and how many songs would I be able to load on one of these ?

Sorry for all the questions, but any help would be gratefully received .

2. steve1975l

steve1975l Member

Max 512 files on SD cards in MP3 format and yes Navi plays over top.

3. benw123

benw123 Moderator

Yep, 512 files and folders is the maximum on the SD card. As well as purchasing the SD card, you'll also need a reader (usually a USB pen that accepts the card in one end and plugs into the USB port at the other).

Cheapest place to buy - in my experience - is eBay, especially if you look at the items from Hong Kong. My SD card reader and a couple of cards have come from there via reputable vendors and I've never had any problems.

As for card size, the Audi manual recommends 256MB max, but over on http://www.navplus.us, 4GB cards have been tested with no problems. The bigger the card however, the longer the RNS-E takes at start-up to read the contents. Doesn't affect playback though.

I think 2GB would be ideal, depending on the bit-rate of your MP3s because, assuming they're coded at a medium quality bitrate (192KBps perhaps), you'll reach the 512 file limit before you run out of space.

Hopefully this isn't too technical for you!

4. Shadowman

Shadowman Active Member

That is perfect, thanks.