Nav+ question

the older nav plus uses cdroms for data only- if you want to play music you need a boot cd changer

the new satnav plus 16:9 wide uses dvd players - i dont know if the head can play music at all - it may be same as the old.

I'm referring to the first, he non-DX sorry should have made that clear.

I know they need a changer but it would be handy if they could be made to play music /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:
I'm referring to the first, he non-DX sorry should have made that clear.

I know they need a changer but it would be handy if they could be made to play music /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be really cheeky and say 'ask a pro' but won't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!!

I've never seen one that plays music cd from the HU on any OEM Sat Nav. A guy called Dunk seems to be the Sat Nav Meister on here, perhaps he will know more (has a thread about Sat Nav upgrades here at the mo').

I've got a Navi+ unit in my car.

The unit will only read a Navi (ie data) disk, and won't play any music CD's.

You'll need to buy a Phatbox or CD Changer if you wanna listen to your tunes!

the only nav system i know that will also play music are the blaupunkt aftermarket ones - dx r-52 and the new e1 (the e1 you can set a route then change the disk to a music one and it will still navigate as long as you dont change the route, then it will ask for the data disk back - very clever..)