1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nav DVD with TMC Letter

Anito Feb 2, 2007

1. Anito

Anito Member

Has anyone else had a letter from Audi saying they will provide FOC the latest Navi DVD with TMC Enabled?

Does anyone know why they need the car for 2 hours for re-programming on the computer?

cheers

2. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

The 2 hours is a "just in case" figure. There have been one or 2 cases where they've needed to plug the car into the main computer linked to the factory, but the've been isolated cases. I guess they'd rather say 2 hours than say 5 minutes and then end up making you wait for longer. I did the upgrade , took about 5 mins and it didn't need the pin code or anything.

3. Anito

Anito Member

I already have the upgrade courtesy of Craig.

I'd quite like the Genuine DVD's though, especially as Audi are giving something away free :)

4. Keef

Keef Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S4

Got the same letter!
    But i have the smaller screen sat nav plus (RNS-D) fitted which i
    thought was CD based?
    Car was registered Jan 04 so i'm not too sure what i should have or why i got the letter!
    Going to give the local Audi stealership a call anyway!

5. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

You've got the letter in error.

The upgrade ONLY applies to cars with the DVD based RNS-E.

Audi don't even sell a CD for the RNS-D with TMC working! - but you can buy one from TeleAtlas (you need a TravelPilot DX compatible CD).