1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nasty smell please help

madmark Feb 25, 2010

1. madmark

madmark Member

hello i have a a3 tdi sport if i have the heating on hot once the car gets to running temp every now and again the hot air stinks of sick anyone else had this problem and does anyone know what could cause this thankyou and i have washed carpets and all the mats the smell comes through the vents but only when its hot

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  2. AudiiduA

AudiiduA Member

Hi, i spilt a pint of milk once and couldnt get rid of the bad smell at all! even when i sold it! terrible smell
    ,was worse when i had the heater on too!:scared2:

3. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

4. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

5. S3Matt

S3Matt Member

Agree with Welly, sounds like your air con needs a good clean out

Had to do mine a while back, smelt like rotten turnips

6. madmark

madmark Member

thankyou all will give it a good clean out

7. Sandip

Sandip Well-Known Member Team Nogaro Blue

A new pollen filter and it should smell less, you'll be surprised how mucky it is

8. dela

dela Member

could be your heater matrix on the way out? that smells pretty disgusting

9. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Another one for the pollen filter here as well, only a few quid to replace, so might be worth giving that a go.

10. S£

S£ Member

Funny, my missus has been complaining her car smells of fish the last month or so, Telling her to drive with her legs closed didn't go down to well!

On a serious not though, it did stink, been through about 3 magic trees and only now just getting rid of it, 2 months later!

11. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Haha, hilarious, that would have been the first thing I would have said as well and probably would have ended up with a smack!!

12. rossbrownlee

rossbrownlee Ross_S4

Have a look in the aircon forum here, may or may not get some more info.