1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nasty rumor

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by richy, Apr 29, 2005.

1. richy

richy Member

Feb 18, 2004
    ok i know AMD own the forum but i thought i would share the word of mouth thats going round....

regarding the 2.0T GTI Golf they "chipped"

well its not chipped as the code for the ECU cant be broken so im told..

so all they have done is change thte boost etc through VagCom... hence why they don't let you go see your car on the rollers ... bla bla bla..

also with the R32 all they were doing was giving the Updated Code and charging normal fee's for something that was available from VW for free...?

anyone else here this?
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Well, there was a big article on it in VW driver with graphs from the rollers etc so I would tend to believe that it has been done... dont think they would risk the bad press of doing this?.. They also advertise the service now..
  4. JaminBen

JaminBen Member

Jan 6, 2005
    It would be good to get to the bottom of this. It is so very common for "tuners" to exagerate their effectiveness...

AMD seem to be enjoying a good reputation. Nonetheless, I have planned to dyno my car here in France before taking it to them may 13th (remap, milltek and BMC cda, and then redynoing it here afterwards. I'll of course post all the findings.

So, who can give us more info re: the GTI "remapping" and the "R32" remapping?
  5. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

Jan 2, 2003
    The MkV can be chipped, but defeating the immobiliser checksum can be a problem. So... there are definately chipped cars out there, but none as yet AFAIK comercially available...
  6. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Oct 14, 2004
    I see QST have re-chipped a TFSI in this months Audi Driver. PS upto 244, and torque upto 375 Nm. But no acceleration figures are available. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  7. Yep see this all the time,

If you have a Turbo on your car - want a bit more power = UP THE BOOST /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif