1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Named Driver quote, young driver.

A3 Sport Feb 4, 2010

1. A3 Sport

A3 Sport Member

Hi,

My mums thinking of getting a new TT, and I would like to be a named driver on it next year when Im nearly 20, and I just cannot get a decent quote anywhere. Ive been through Admiral, and got this message at the end -

'We need some more information regarding drivers on this policy - Please call us on the number below.
    While we are unable to offer an online quote, we may be able to give you a quote over the telephone. Please call us on 0800 118 1611 Mon - Fri: 8am-11pm; Sat: 9am-8pm; Sun: 10am-8pm.'

Does this mean they don't want to insure me really, or just need some more information about me due to my young age?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  2. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

Give them a bell mate, what have you got to lose by trying?

3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Black Edition Team Brill Red

or try sky insurance...the sponsors of this section :)

4. tku

tku Member

Gonna be a tough call on a 20yr old driving a TT :) and that is on your mums name!

5. A3 Sport

A3 Sport Member

Thanks for your replies. I know its gonna be a tough call at 20.. but I dont mind paying it! Out of interest, I put it in my own name, with no ncb, with my parents as named drivers, just to see what it came back at, and it was £3500, do you think it will be cheaper than that as a named driver seeing as my mums ncb will be on there? But I dont understand why it will quote with me as the main driver but doesnt seem so keen if Im a named driver!