Name That Grill

Nathan Russell

Reaction score
Website
www.albatrossandmariner.co.uk
As the title. So I can't afford a genuine RS4 grill. Have an S line bumper so can't get a rep. And don't massively fancy painting / plastidipping my s line grill. Going through a thread on audizine (the dark side I know) I stumbled across the grill below.

Any one know what it is? Where it's from?

vrqbnn.jpg

Its aftermarket for standard non s-line bumpers, all the time you have the s-line bumper your options are going to be very limited indeed...

It won't fit Nathan as that's on a standard SE bumper.

That's a bummer. Cheers though Carl.

Its aftermarket for standard non s-line bumpers, all the time you have the s-line bumper your options are going to be very limited indeed...

Cheers Rob. Like how it looks. Guess I'll get hold of another S line grill and get one knocked up at work.

there is an rs4 one on ebay at the moment , it has a buy it now only for £350, nearly new....still not cheap but a few hundred less than a new one.

Had the same dilemma when owned a4. Ended up with plasti dipping it.
Had a bumper respray job so grille was easy ti do. Looked nice.

Pictured grille is much better with badge. Seen it live on a car but no badge and it was disgusting.

Just checked feeBay and nothing changed since I last looked out for one grille RS replica few years back. Not available and nothing fancier to change it with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nathan Russell
They never do, mate.

Seen new oem rs4 one for £699 with £19.90 postage on top of that. No way!

Chinese do not want to do them for a bowl of rice anymore.
They probably employ children now, for a bag of candy per month and charge horrendous shipping costs on top of that.

Seen a guy once doing he's A4 Sline grille from a6 rs replica.
Cut out the honeycomb from a6 rs replica grille and fitted into frame from he's A4. Cut to size and glued it together. Smooth it out with Dremel and covered it in black paint.
No one knew it was man made.

RS6 replica grille you can get for around £150 but your time and labour (+ swear jar contribution) might not be worth it.

the main reason for the massive price hike is the almost level pound - Euro rates...audi parts prices have been on a very sharp price increase for the last 18 months , made more acute by the ...XIT millarchy...unlikely to go down much in the forseable future either..... glad I got my new one for such a good price when I did...

Nah they just saw an opportunity to make more money due to demand, same deal with Cupra R splitters.

Reactions: KrisKrk
Im in same boat as didnt want to spend ££££ on a rs4 grill so got a second sline grill and some mesh off ebay havent got far but this is it
4e143f2ab672a6e4c6083acf9500ebc6.jpg

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Great @martin1984.
If you cannot buy it, make it.

I made myself fog grilles with honeycomb mesh for the rs look.
A6 has more choice as for the main grille so got the aftermarket one to match them fog ones

Reactions: martin1984
Im in same boat as didnt want to spend ££££ on a rs4 grill so got a second sline grill and some mesh off ebay havent got far but this is it
4e143f2ab672a6e4c6083acf9500ebc6.jpg

I'm thinking of doing the same at the moment. Any more pictures Martin? What size mesh did you go for? It's looking good.

I'm thinking of doing the same at the moment. Any more pictures Martin? What size mesh did you go for? It's looking good.
This is the mesh off ebay 161690254067 10x30mm
Its a lot of work and takes time the chrome is wrapped at the moment but i will prob spray black once complete.
412c0b1a03df9341a591a8d4ccc3cd72.jpg
91f173420e8a040844ed738c427a772c.jpg

Looks good mate. Are you fixing the mesh half way on the surround or to the back? What are you using to fix it with? Sikaflex or something?
Im trying to get if on the front maybe a couple of mm in as for fixing it in place i have a few idea as in glue thats clear so wont be seen or plastic weld at the back.

interesting to see how this works out maybe a how to thread too