1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name that Bonnet!

Hellz Jun 23, 2009

1. Hellz

Hellz Geordie Racer

Hi guys,

I need some of your expert advice.

I'm able to get my hands on a bonnet for the facelift conversion of my 04 3.2 S-line but am unsure whether the bonnet is the correct one or not. The guy I'm buying it from has no idea which year A3 its from.

I have a few pictures of the bonnet and was hoping some of you would be able to tell me whether the bonnet is the 2005-2008 facelift bonnet I need or whether its from the very latest facelift 09 on...

Thanks in advance y'all

Bonnet Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hellz

Hellz Geordie Racer

I should also mention there was no part no. stamped on the bonnet - or at least it couldnt be seen...

3. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

I'm pretty sure thats an 05-08 bonnet, the think as line meets the leading edge is much more defined on that one compared to the earlier one.

Here is my <05 bonnet

[​IMG]

Here is my 05>

[​IMG]

4. 10blazin

10blazin HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

i dont even think its a3 from the lights sloping down to the bit that comes over the grill it curves where as a3 bonnets dont do that not even 09

[​IMG]

now look at this 2005 a4 bonnet it slope's the same from the lights to the grill ....

yes i sussed it what do i win :w00t:

[​IMG]

5. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

I can see your point blazin, they always look different depending on colour! I rekcon scrpappy man is trying it on, thats an A4 bonnet!

6. Hellz

Hellz Geordie Racer

bah, went to edit my post, deleted it thinking i could just repost.

Anyway...

I think you win 10blazin - hands down. good spot :applaus:

I thought it looked odd at the front and suspected it wasnt the bonnet i need but as I havent seen the bonnet I need separated from the car I wasnt 100% sure.

Cheers guys.

7. 10blazin

10blazin HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

what no prize :3sadwalk: drat joking

glad i could help you try the bay they pop up from time to time .....

8. Hellz

Hellz Geordie Racer

Yea m8, ive been monitoring ebay for a good month or so. No luck yet. I'm also keeping tabs on local scrappies and parts suppliers in the hope I can get one on the cheap.

I still need the other parts for the conversion though so if i get the bumper first I'll probably just order the bonnet from Audi. I'd rather avoid paying £200+ for a bonnet if possible though...

9. r10jdl

r10jdl Member

I paid £180 including from TPS. Couldn't wait any longer........

10. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

A4 bonnet by the looks of it :S

11. Aspen

Aspen Member VCDS Map User

looks the same as my 2009 S3 to me.