1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. johnyj

johnyj Member

just put my n75j valve in and it is such a difference
    anyone thinking of doin it then do it
    i have a standard 18ts and its alot smoother with sharper accelaration.
    also couldnt beleive i used to work for the company that makes them eaton (cutler hammer).
    just have to fit my 710n dumpvalve but realised its underneath

2. Biglockie

Biglockie Aye you know it makes sense

Where you get the n75j fella an what price??

3. a4quat

a4quat Member

yeah, i got a n75j valve for mine from vagparts but my car would not run properly when it was fitted it was very lumpy as if i was driving down the road switching my ignition on and off!

4. johnyj

johnyj Member

from vagparts but order over the net as the guy on the phone is a tosser.
    cost 37 quid
    the original clips are easy to get off just put a flat head underneath and pry them up and the tension springs them open.
    a4 quat did u put the long tube into the air intake

5. jimya4t

jimya4t Member

does it matter what engine code it is? mine is AEB. is there any difference?

6. johnyj

johnyj Member

im sure someone will correct me but i think all the a4s have the n75 valve and the n75j is a better one

7. PhilR

PhilR One Ate Tea

Goit an n75J for sale if you are interested biglockie, still boxed, tried it on my mates car once but after my recent troubles i wont be upping boost anymore, as i put an uprated actuator on anyway!

20 quid + post ? or will be at Elsecar sunday ?

8. a4quat

a4quat Member

yeah, i followed the instructions i found on here somewhere, i actually put it upside down so the wiring could reach!

9. macca

macca Member

philr,

if no one else wants it, i'm interested in your n75j valve if it's for sale.

worth a go as i need more boost and better response, might help.

10. hiltoa

hiltoa VAG erfahren

Just put my N75J on tonight - seems to work fine on an AJL providing more boost in the lower gears, which builds much quicker. Marvellous!
    I also took the opportunity to drill some strategically placed holes in the airbox while I was at it, so there's a bit more induction roar now.:eyebrows:
    Next up is a 710N, but my current original DV seems happy enough for now.
    Am I right in thinking a 710N won't make any difference until I start remapping for extra boost?:think:

11. Lowlife

Lowlife German Hardcore

Drilled my airbox last weekend, and must agree it sound so much better even with a standard exhaust. Am going to get an n75j soon, just need to sort my suspenshion first as the rear shocks are dead.

12. a4quat

a4quat Member

mines an "ajl" but it wouldnt work on my car???gutted!!!!!!!

13. philS2

philS2 New Member

i put an n75j on mine but it lowered the boost to a maximum of 5.5 psi,but with the standard one it boosts to 8 psi max.i turned it round but it just overboosted.any ideas anyone?cheers,phil.

14. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Then you had a leak I would guess I run one with my 2000 1.8T and atfirst I noticed the extra power but it soon disapears as the either I don't notice it anymore or as some say the ecu maps it outafter a while.

15. hiltoa

hiltoa VAG erfahren

Definately gives more boost - I see between 13psi and 14psi at WOT in top and it pulls like a train past 100 (on a private road) prior to the valve it never made more than around 12psi.
    I have also drilled my airbox so more air flows (neat 10mm holes opposite the gap in the wheel arch liner, and along the side furthest from the turbo) not sure if that would assist, but it sounds great in a multi-storey car park - a subtle 'ssssss-flutter' from the wastegate... :)
    I've done around 600miles since doing the valve and it still feels the same. I'll let you know if my boost drops at all.

16. doeboy

doeboy Member

Eaton Automotive? Near merryhill ?

17. Markey

Markey Active Member

I put on on my car after the K04 etc etc and it killed it would not go over 60 mph unless i was going down a hill ect so im a bit cautions about putting on in the new car.

18. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

more likely to be the recirc valve you are hearing.

best place to remove from your airbox is the bottom front right corner (as you sit behind the wheel), it opens up between the chassis leg and the hole that leads down into the fog light area