N75J VALVE ORDERED

Is this the factory dump valve? Says you have a Forge why you getting rid of that?
What Corolla does you parents have!?

The N75 valve is different from the dump/diverter valve. The N75 controls when the wastegate on the turbo opens... regulating boost. The dump/diverter valve vents boost when the throttle is released, avoiding damage to the turbo and turbo lag.

Sorry yeah someone did explain it to me the other day, I keep getting the ****** things mixed up

What are the symptons when this valve is faulty ??

low boost pressure, sometimes little boost, followed by loads of boost. inconsistant boost under the same conditions.

someimes sticking or worn actuators cause similar problems.

does the 1.9TDI have this arrangement too? mine displays some of the things mentioned; mainly inconsistantsy and surges. maybe its time to dig out my vag come lead and give it a try!

low boost pressure, sometimes little boost, followed by loads of boost. inconsistant boost under the same conditions.

someimes sticking or worn actuators cause similar problems.

fitted and ive LOST power peaks at 10psi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! makes no sense. help the pipes reamin the same dont they??? same place??

3rd gear used to hit 12/13 psi now just hits 10psi??????? it doesnt feel remapped any more. i know the J valve fits differnt so the wire needs moving etc but the top pipe is still the pipe that goes to the acuator isnt it?? sam eas my old vlave was?

what kinda mileage has your car done and has the turbo ever been replaced?

I've seen a lot of turbos require replacement around 120-160k miles (the one on my car was changed at 130k) and its usually issues with holding boost that is the problem.

I'm just wondering if the problem is infact your turbo instead of software or electronic issues

LONG ONE IS INTO MY AIR INTAKE PIPE??? CAR DONE 98K???
n75j_connectorcopy.jpg

is that a pic of n75J it or orginal......... im assuming the pipes exactly the same just you obviously have to extend the turbo pipe and alter postion of the wire that goes to it.

Ahh, so do S4's have these too?

I've replaced the MAF for a fresh one, just ordered my 710N's (as a matter of course really),......so is it worth me getting this N75 valve aswell?

yes they do im sure. personally i dont recomend 710N if you getting remap etc the 710n worked fine on my stock a4 but after remap and extra work it couldnt cope plus the uprated ones look and sound great

personally i dont recomend 710N if you getting remap etc the 710n worked fine on my stock a4 but after remap and extra work it couldnt cope plus the uprated ones look and sound great

This S4 was mappd by AMD when new lol ;)

It's done 91K now, and presumably it's on the original (possibly tired) 710's.

Its a pic of N75J, you wont have to extend the turbo pipe, just extend the wiring.
is that a pic of n75J it or orginal......... im assuming the pipes exactly the same just you obviously have to extend the turbo pipe and alter postion of the wire that goes to it.

This S4 was mappd by AMD when new lol ;)

It's done 91K now, and presumably it's on the original (possibly tired) 710's.

One of the first jobs I did when gettin my S4 was new 710's, N75, Tbb etc, and it ran soooo much better! Proper sings at full chat, and sounds like a jet on take off, love it! :blackrs4:

well the way ifitted it i had to extend my turbo pipe orginal pipe woudnt reach as the tube off the n75j was facing towrds headlights if taht makes sense. anyway it doesnt matter it on and just update it now running fine i think car jsut had to learn new setting because now it is real fast. made big differnce seems more power through rev range........wont be doing that though at momentr with a flat tyre!!!!!!!11

One of the first jobs I did when gettin my S4 was new 710's, N75, Tbb etc, and it ran soooo much better! Proper sings at full chat, and sounds like a jet on take off, love it! :blackrs4:

A Tbb?

Yeah, I hope these things will make things even perkier :)

The new MAF made a much bigger difference than I was expecting.

How much are these N75's? They're a standard replacement item right?

Are there s4 guys with this (n75j) fitted?
I had a look round and it seems worth a try for 1.8T, but at a risk it triggers limp mode.
But is it originally for for a 225hp TT ? if so is it a down grade for the s4?
Can't decisde if I should give one a try or not?

The n75j is originally from the S2 - not an up (or down) grade as such, just a more agressive profile. Mine made a difference at first, but the ECU seems to have adjusted out the 'edge' it had.

I stuck one on my 1.8T along with a K&N filter and it definitely sharpened things up a bit after it was chipped and i'm sure it made more of a whistling noise from the turbo as well.

Thinking about it, it was the Bailey DV that made the whistling noise.....