N75J Valve. Couple Of Questions...

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Ok so after abit of research ive decided to fit one but:

1. Where do i get it from? Ive got a part number here but is it correct 034 906 283j!
2. Is there any guides on fitting it, where it goes, what todo when it's fitted etc!

Thanks

I got mine from Audi. Works out same as anywhere online when you pay postage anyway.

Ok so after abit of research ive decided to fit one but:

1. Where do i get it from? Ive got a part number here but is it correct 034 906 283j!
2. Is there any guides on fitting it, where it goes, what todo when it's fitted etc!

Thanks

The ECS N75 Race version is the same thing. You can get that from Awesome or any other ECS dealer. Rich_A3_Turbo might be able to help. Otherwise, any dealer should be able to get you one if you have the part number.

Fitting is pretty simple as you just replace the current one and the piping and plug fit in the same places. Although you might need a few jubilee clips as the OEM clips are usually shagged once you get them off.

The only difference ive noticed is the price, the ecs one is about £30 dearer i think.

Where exactly is the n75 valve located? Anyone have any pics?

well theres afew threads on the n75j valve but not that much information actualy telling you where it is, what todo when fitted etc.
Yeah no problem pal.

Hate it when that happens, their normal the most helpful parts lol.

i've literally jus fitted the N75 J valve in the past 10 mins as my car was lagging through the higher gears, well its stopped the lagging and its powering staright through....but, it feels like my car has gone back to standard. It was mapped the other week and the acceleration was excellent but now it feel as if the map has been removed.
not sure whether the fault codes need clearing on Vagcom or what??

its found coming off one of the branches on your turbo intake pipe, its a brown cylinder about the size of a cotton reel with a brass coloured casing. then it has another 2 small hoses coming off it aswell as a plug

Cheers pal. Think ive just found it.
Id check the maf mate sounds like that.

It slows the rate at which the turbo opens the wastegate.
It increase the boost on average upto a extra 3-5psi and that equals more bhp and torque. That is right isnt it?

i've literally jus fitted the N75 J valve in the past 10 mins as my car was lagging through the higher gears, well its stopped the lagging and its powering staright through....but, it feels like my car has gone back to standard. It was mapped the other week and the acceleration was excellent but now it feel as if the map has been removed.
not sure whether the fault codes need clearing on Vagcom or what??

its found coming off one of the branches on your turbo intake pipe, its a brown cylinder about the size of a cotton reel with a brass coloured casing. then it has another 2 small hoses coming off it aswell as a plug
make sure you fitted it the correct way around as it fits in reverse to the standard one there is a long pipe coming out one side and a short pipe the otherside make sure the long one goes in the same place the long one off the original was and the short where the short was, basically the plug has to go the other way around, the wiring may be a strech but i extended mine

heres a pic of mine its not the best pic as i wasnt intending to take a pic of the n75
N75J.jpg

Thats weird, mines on this side of the Tip.

yeah they all go in the same place what i mean is you have to fit the valve the opposite way around not fit it in the other side of the engine bay lol, your standard valve's wiring would face to the left in this pic not the right

This is slightly off topic but popped the engine bay today as the weather was scorching this afternoon (just been on arun so car was warm) and played with the n75 valve not knowing what it was, anyway got back in the car togo out later on and the abs light popped on, sh*t myself wondering what id done haha, had aread and found out its quite common for the abs light to come on due to is it speed senser or something, yet another thing to fix :keule:

make sure you fitted it the correct way around as it fits in reverse to the standard one there is a long pipe coming out one side and a short pipe the otherside make sure the long one goes in the same place the long one off the original was and the short where the short was, basically the plug has to go the other way around, the wiring may be a strech but i extended mine

so its as if the valve is reversed yeh?? i've jus been out in the car and it kept going into limp mode, no power at all and the EPC light came on. is this because of the N75??

yeah so if its the wrong way around you will get your symptoms if you have it the correct way around then you have caused a fault when fitting check the wiring etc around the valce you could have broke one when doin the change, or its coinserdence that another fault has occured or failed due to the n75j

jus been out and reversed the valve, the wiring is abit stretched but yeh it seems to have sorted it, no limp mode and the boost is back to normal :yahoo: like a rocket haha

Good glad to hear, can you post any close up pics please!

DSC00134.jpg

i have reversed the valve so the plug wire is abit stretched but i managed to feed the wire behind the vacuum hose so its all good

DSC00129.jpg

Kev i havent swapped it yet, was just playing about in the engine.
Cheers munch, the valve i played with is definatly the n75, cant wait to get mine now. Btw where did you and kev get your valves from?

Kev i havent swapped it yet, was just playing about in the engine.
Cheers munch, the valve i played with is definatly the n75, cant wait to get mine now. Btw where did you and kev get your valves from?
that bit above was aimed to munchmans fault not yours sorry

Lol sorry my fault aswell.
Where did you get your n75j from kev?

jus been out and reversed the valve, the wiring is abit stretched but yeh it seems to have sorted it, no limp mode and the boost is back to normal :yahoo: like a rocket haha

Munchman, would you say now your cars running alright have you noticed any gains through putting the 'J' valve on...