n75j ? can someone explain?

jazzyc

Reaction score
ok, so i ahve had my car for a week or so and have pretty much ironed out the little niggles i had and now want to start on the tunning side.

dont have a lot of cash at the moment having just spent out on the car and wondered what to do first.

I have read some posts where people talk about this valve and changing it froma standard n75 to n75j

what exactly is this and what is it supposed to do?

i read mixed reports about it but it seems quite a cheap mod at around £40

The N75J valve is used in the TT and should allow more boost. Ive been thinking about upgrading to one but my cars not remapped and some people have reported problems running them on standard (un mapped) cars. Some others seem to have had great success with them. I think its a case of suck it and see. :)

petewon said:
I think its a case of suck it and see. :)

A bit like George Michael! Back in the toilets again! Ooh yea! glad i don't use public loo's often!

doeboy said:
A bit like George Michael! Back in the toilets again! Ooh yea! glad i don't use public loo's often!
Yeah but the N75J only costs £40 :)

so do i get one from audi or are there aftermarket suppliers?

is there much to fitting them?

is it worth considering or go for say a k and n pannel filter at around £60

I wouldnt go to Audi try somewhere like http://www.vagparts.co.uk. I donth think they have one listed on the site but if you call them Im sure they will sort on out for you.

Im not sure on the fitting on the B5. The B6 is a bit of a pain as the valves at the front of the engine and quite difficult to get to. Im sure theres a thread on here about it somewhere, ill try and dig it out.