N75

I

imported_kennyf

Read a few posts on this , but still got a few questions.

1.Can the N75 be removed all together and some sort of other device put its place.... i.e boost controller , dawes device etc

2. Is the the push on clip just for power or deose it relay info back to the ECU also?

3. Any suggestions of products I could use?

Sorry if this covers something in a thread i've missed but I've searched and read majority of the N75 threads and still needing some more help.

thanks

Kenny

1. Yes you can but you lose the benefits/safeguards etc associated with the N75, ie cutting back on boost depending on engine conditions, eg detonation

2. You need to leave the N75 connected or it will register as a fault on the ECU, alternatively I believe you can put a resistor in across the circuit to fool the ECU

regards

"But if it you set your maximum boost to cut off point of the N75 then all should be well?? "

Yes but this is variable and controlled by the ECU depending on engine conditions, ie inlet air temperature, quality of fuel etc.

n75 is just a valve controlled by the ecu,at the end of the day if the ecu sees the wrong pressure it will chuck it into limp mode.Get the ecu mapped for the correct boost.

[ QUOTE ]
n75 is just a valve controlled by the ecu,at the end of the day if the ecu sees the wrong pressure it will chuck it into limp mode.Get the ecu mapped for the correct boost.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was, its been running its current map since March with no problems. This only started two or so weeks ago when I fitted a BMC filter. I removed it and returned to the standard box and all was well for a few days. However the problem has now returned and it has been suggested that I look at the N75, the car currently has an H on ( not fitted by me). The place that mapped it said they wouldn't have mapped with an H or a J on it because its too aggresive, but the fact is they did and it ran fine for this long with it. Only now after a couple of blasts then the boost becomes non existant. To rectify this i need to disconect the battery but this is becoming futile becasuse it eventually ******* back to "limp" mode anyway.......

Should have left it standard!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Bah , who am i kid'n /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

P.s Anyone think I'm barking up the wrong tree?