1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N75 valve

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by wilcog33, Apr 26, 2010.

1. wilcog33

wilcog33 Member

im needing an N75 valve to sort out my boost problem, ive read threads about an N75 J valve, is this an upgraded one that would be worth getting instead of the standard? also an idea where i would source a valve as i would imagine audi would be V expensive?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Plunky

Plunky Member

Do a search mate, been covered loads!
    As for the j valve, i think its a bit hit and miss, some say they are really good, others say they are a waste of time.
    I personally dont think they are that good as they just cause the boost to spike, i have also been told by a very good tuning company that the j valve is a waste of time

4. Pete20vt

Pete20vt Supermoto Junkie

I bypassed the N75 altogether on a my 1.8T Ibiza, seemed to really sharpen things up a little. Am no expert but the ins and outs are the same so maybe possible on other 1.8Ts.

5. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid
    Supporter

ive been running the j valve a few weeks with no problems, seems to differ car to car though, around £60 from audi

6. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger

I have a J valve sitting around if you would like one. I didnt notice much with it.

The difference with the J is that due to its workings it reacts slower and as said causes a bigger spike, which will throw the car into limp mode if spike is too great. I would say stick with standard
    Pete are you sure you bypassed the N75, do you not mean the N249 which controls the dumpvalve?

7. DJ_Troopa

DJ_Troopa K1 Driver

My mate has kinda done this on his Ibiza Cupra due to his actuator which is buggered up. He's done something along the lines of missing a beat on his N75.