n75 location

a4quat

Reaction score
in the next few days ill be fitting my n75 j valve on my 1.8t quattro ive just had a quick look and is it the thing underneath the round diaphram on the pipe between the airbox and the turbo? also ive heard that you fit them upside down due to the wiring but is it easy to mess the air tubes up as there is a few coming from it? and if i fit an aftermarket air filter is there pre made holes for the sensors thats on the top of the airbox?:readit:

i think I read about this on another thread and was considering changin mine cause i've done 90k miles. How much did it cost you?

that is the crank case breather reg valve I think you are referring to, post a pic

i have been searching for pics and a how to on the n75 but cannot find one

I'snt the N75 an upgrade mod to do if you have remapped or chipped your car though?

Not sure if you will get any gains but just replacing the n75 j valve on a standard car?

well ive done it and its awesome, it feels like the turbo is kicking in twice as powerful and twice as fast, and i can hear the recirc valve really clearly, no engine lights on (which i was suspecting would happen)
two thumbs fresh!:icon_thumright:

scratch that last post, got in my car to go to work this morning and the car drove like a bag of shi* every time the turbo kicked the engine would cut out and then pick up again! so ive put my old valve back on my car is running totally different, tickover is dropping to around 500 and then going up to 1000 and sometimes cutting out also its running a bit lumpy, and i can still hear the recirc valve which i couldnt before the only thing i done to that was clean the oil out of it, is there supposed to be oil in it? have i done something wrong anywhere?

Your DV diaphram could have split, was it the original?

yeah i think so, it is black plastic anyway, and the car has done nearly 100k!

Black plastic sounds OEM. You can get new ones from Vagparts for about 20 quid or go for and aftermarket metal one like a forge with changeable spring rates.

Change it & it'll boost fine again!

the problem is that im supposed to be taking the family away on bh monday for a week, do you think itll be ok as it is a 500 mile round trip?

I'm no expert but keep it under 3.5K and you should be ok!

heres another question for ya, when ive put my new dv valve on do you think i should try my n75 j valve again?

a4quat said:
heres another question for ya, when ive put my new dv valve on do you think i should try my n75 j valve again?

glutton for punishment

you need to reset your ecu's learning, one way is to start up the car 20 times in succession usually resets it.

n75 j is distributing boost in a different way and this upsets the ecu. you would need to have it addressed with a new remap if you really wanted to run it. if you have been remapped then you don't need it the map is tailored to whatever valve you have.

dummi said:
glutton for punishment

you need to reset your ecu's learning, one way is to start up the car 20 times in succession usually resets it.

n75 j is distributing boost in a different way and this upsets the ecu. you would need to have it addressed with a new remap if you really wanted to run it. if you have been remapped then you don't need it the map is tailored to whatever valve you have.

Disconnecting the battery resets the ECU does it not?

thanks, ill try the starting thing 20 times, im gonna leave my n75 j off then as the car otherwise is totally standard at the mo, maybe gonna price up a new dv and try that too, and if i try the disconnection of the battery do the stereo systems have codes (concert)? thanks again.