1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N75 & FPR

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Drill, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Drill

Drill Member

OK, I've been searching around a bit lately for info on the N75J and 4 bar fuel pressure regulator. What I've found has brought more questions to mind (and maybe even an idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

Anyway, I've read that while the N75J (and H) changes the characteristics of the std wastegate (Mainly by holding/building more boost) it's been mentioned that this additional boost is not accounted for by the ECU and therefore, no additional fuel is supplied.

I've also read that running a 4 bar FPR in leu of the std 3 bar part can lead to an engine running rich.

SO, here's my question/idea. While running a std K03 ("Sport") on a remapped car, would the 4-bar FPR help to offset the potential problems of the N75J valve?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Just trying to make some sense. I can really feel the extra pull that the N75J gives (While I have some hesitation issues to solve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) but as I put about 600 miles on my car each week, I don't want to run anything that could make my engine "go BOOM!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Well-Known Member

Drill i did vagcom runs with a J and with a standard F,standard was much stronger and smoother,J just spikes high readings ,but is not so drivable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy

4. t30gue

t30gue Member

Just put a J on my S3 in place of the N75c, wasn't too convinced at first. Took it out for a longer run, car seems smoother if anything, but with a bit more top end boost. Still not hit limp mode yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Andy,
    If I hang on to the old N75, Do you fancy testing the two valves using Vagcom? Maybe AMD will do this Sat?
    See you on route,
    Chris.

5. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Was it easy to fit Chris?

6. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Well-Known Member

If i can keep up Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif,Rich it takes 5 mins to swap,but original clips can be a t***t to remove and they can't be reused.I will bring the plots for valves with me on saturday and a spare j valve.Not long now boys and mines absolutely flying at the moment.Cheers Andy

7. NWMark

NWMark Member

Andy ,

do you know the part number of the J valve, trying to get a price for one from my dealer but wanted the part no first.

thanks

Mark

8. T3RBO

T3RBO 6th Gear

N75J - 034906283J

Still considering this myself but worried about going limp once chipped...

9. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    T3RBO said:
    N75J - 034906283J

Still considering this myself but worried about going limp once chipped...

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Me too. Does anyone have the AmD remap and the N75J?

Does it go limp? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

10. NWMark

NWMark Member

If it does go into limp mode ill just remove it again, but i plan on doing a few runs and logging the boost via VAGCOM to see how the original and J valve compare.

I really just want it to hold more boost, but if it gives me a big initial boost spike, which is what ive read itll be coming straight back off.

Thanks

Mark

11. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

Does snyone have a picture of these valves and where abouts they are located in the engine bay? i take it these are different to the DV?

12. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    nervus said:
    Does snyone have a picture of these valves and where abouts they are located in the engine bay? i take it these are different to the DV?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right,

By the DV, there is a golf coloured thing with a plug on it and 3 pipes... 2 small ones, and then it goes into the intake hose...This is the N75

The FPR, is at the end of the fuel rail by the injectors and have a vacuum line on it

Rich

13. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

14. greytsport1

greytsport1 Member