N249 Bypass and could be a problem? HELP!

cjsuk

Reaction score
Done the n249 perfectly and in my wisdom I blew down the dv pipe to check no pipes come off, they hadent but I could blow through it with no resistance at all and could hear it coming out under the inlet manifold, I then got a cig got a mouth full of smoke and did a really odd smoke test lol. The smoke came out from either the cone shaped thing (jet or suction something?) or the pipe in front of it. So should there be any resistance or should it vent like that plz, if u want picky plz ask. Thanks :)

Found it its the pipe in front that's split, would this explain the too lean bank1 code I have been getting?

So after the blind panic that sent me in to the chavvy like word frenzy above, I have solved it (bodged), no solved, (bodged u idiot!), ok bodged but solved? The pipe I mentioned was wasted here are the pictures. 1st the offending article hiding it's dirty little secret: Next the dirty little secret revealed: Now the soloution (bodge) a piece of my late C20XE's coolant pipe Now broken piece cut down with a piece in to join the Vauxhall part Now the finished product fitted with uncomplicated easy clips This is a temp fix until I have a job then ill replace the lot. What have I learned? doing mods can be beneficial not only for fuel saving/performance but for finding faults you wouldn't have known about. If I had have blocked off the tip I could have in theory found other leaks but it was raining so I didn't do it. All I have to do now is reset the p1136 code I have had since having the car and hope it stays off this time. Fingers crossed the split was the cause of the code. I'm sorry it's all in one paragraph windows 8 doesn't like the forum for some reason and wont let me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I took her out earlier with her first aid pipe and new mod after clearing the code.

I just wanted to do a few miles to see what happened and make sure all pipes etc stayed on (which it all held nicely).

I have suspected a boost leak since I got the car but never got round to doing thetest, today I was forced to face it. Correct me if I’m wrong but that was a pcv hose that was ******** causing a vacuum leak. I don’t know if this affects boost (I’m still learning turbo wise).

Anyway I always thought she had more to give and was I surprised! Oh dam yeah!.

I set offdriving normal with no noticeable difference except the dv sound was a lot shorter and more pronounced.
I drove untill she hit 90 on the temp gauge then give her a little tickle (actually I kicked her ***) and sh!t did she shift! I genuinely can’t believe the difference.

It felt likethe de finned box k&n panel filter + extra intake, N249 Delete, all the replaced sensors, the cleaned tb and of course the turbo all just came to life and worked in harmony for the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] time since I got her in march!

Nice strong,smooth, push in to seat and responsive along with a little induction roar, dvtssh and the turbo spooling It was ****** fantastic!

She hasn’t even been mapped yet, bring on my next job to get some cash in for the supporting mods!

All that power (really) lost due to a plastic tube 4 in long and 8mm round being split,un believable.

This is the second bit of luck I have had whilst actually doing something else.

1[SUP]st[/SUP]was the crank sensor, whilst doing it I noticed a plug dangling my aircon atthe time diddnt work and was expecting an expensive fix, I found where the plug belonged (the compressor) and bingo! Aircon working.

2[SUP]nd[/SUP]As mentioned above, doing the N249 mod and coming across a split hidden pipe by chance.

So next time your car seems a bit ill, just remember it’s not all doom and gloom it’s sometimes the simplest thing.

cjsuk

PS No fault codes did show up after the drive :)

Last edited:
Hey mate, exactly the same pipe as mine in my build thread mate! Splurted oil everywhere!

Yeah ive noticed that, I think a clean is in order, did you see a big difference in performance?

Yes defo! Pcv piping is ****! Go for a catch can! Gets rid of all unnecessary piping. I would but I can't be bothered lol.

French is ok ( just the people, the cars and the country that's crap) lol. It was probably a French bloke who helped zee germans design the pcv system!