N Jack BAM Progress Thread

Very jealous of the brakes mate! they were a great find! They are going to look really smart :hubbahubba:

As for the picture, you could have waited for me to get my front bumper on and close my bonnet :tumble:

Lol 1 poorly S3 and 2 as support vehicles.

Brakes do look good for the money paid (I do love a bargain!)

Get those spacers and then we can sort out getting them on just need to get a wheel off your car and make sure it all fits.

Quick update for you guys. My spacers have finally arrived :rockwoot:

I went for 20mm rears and 15mm fronts. Unfortunately the previous owner of the car didn't leave me there locking wheel nut so i popped down to audi and they have sorted out a replacement set for me which will arrive in the week. As soon as i can get the wheels off this week the spacers will be on followed by the AP brakes.

Thanks for reading

Will looks good with the spacers on as that's the same setup I run

Quick update.

I have now fitted my spacers with the help of Adam P :beerchug:

We had to do them in our makeshift garage aka a multi storey car park! as surprise surprise it was raining out... I have attatched a few photos of our efforts.

Phonepictures1111892 zps7b78886f

The above image is midway through, the spacers went on a treat and it didn't take very long to do. The image below is the finished atricle

Phonepictures1111891 zps89a10de1

I have recently noticed that my drivers side wheel bearing is on its last legs so i have decided to do both front wheel bearings at the same time as my front big brake upgrade. I popped along to GSF in southampton earlier today and got my hands on some.

Phonepictures1111915 zps75f16abe
Phonepictures1111916 zpscf9d1cdb

I have also purchased an uprated recirc valve and the induction kit is now seated nicely in an s3 Dave heat shield. I will add some more pictures later on. I CANT WAIT TO GET MY AP BRAKES ON!!!!!

Thanks for reading :)

Nick

Last edited:
Its a bit of an up and down couple of weeks for me and my S3.

1st the up. Last tuesday I went up to See Bill at badger5 for a remap with adam. Bill did all of his pre map tests and it turned out that i had a dodgy ebay special maf which was thowing up all sorts of random air flow numbers. Luckily bill had a spare one laying around so we wacked that on and then found my N75 was broken! And again Bill being the sort of chap who has 3 of everything had a new one i could use.

Oh i also bought a badger5 tip with the billit adapter as it was far to tempting to go there and not buy one! haha so he swapped my forge tip with his one and we were ready for mapping :)

106_zps7883a884.jpg~original

At this stage i would like to say thanks to Bill for a top job as i got 250bhp and 243lbft of torque. I didnt want to chase high numbers so im happy bill mapped it conservatively for me.
I would also like to thank Tuffty as he was there working on his car that day and proved to be a fountain of knowledge as well a top bloke for letting us poke around his car and for taking up far to much of his time :)
105_zps83f59d59.jpg~original

111_zps103b0b2f.jpg~original

Reactions: <tuffty/> and Adam P
The 2nd part of my update isnt so good :(

Last Thursday I was driving down the m27 with my tire pump on my way to help a friend who was stuck at work due to a slow puncture.

I could feel a slight vibration in the steering wheel and put it down to the rubbish roads around portsmouth and that I needed new front wheel bearings.
The vibration started to get worse so I pulled over on the hard sholder to take a quick look as I thought that I might have a puncture, as I didnt see anything obvious I decided to limp off the motorway and check it properly in a safer location.

My plan didnt go too well as I didnt make it off the motorway...All of a sudden I heard a loud scrapping noise and I saw my NSF wheel bouncing off down the motorway next to me and a shower of sparks where my brake disc was now grinding on the road. :scared2:
120_zps7ac27e24.jpg~original

My wheel bounced down a new slip road under construction missing 2 workmen by about a meter! They were very helpful seeing as they had just had a near death experiance, running to retrieve my wheel for me.

119_zps1ace5baa.jpg~original

Luckily I was only doing about 40mph at the time otherwise it could have been alot worse! It turned out that I didnt have any breakdown cover so the old bill phoned a recovery truck for me costing £200 to get me from Portsmouth to Southampton! :eiertritt:
125_zps48c2e3ef.jpg~original
127_zps3c9fea1b.jpg~original

Damage wise I have got awat quite lightly really as my wheel and tire are reuseable, I need a new hub, wheel bearing, drop link, discs and pads, wheel realignment and balencing and a couple of wheel nuts. The body work is the bit im most gutted about as the wheel bounched around the arch before making its break for freedom.
122_zpsa038aad1.jpg~original
123_zps0553e2d0.jpg~original

Thanks for reading and I hope you had a better week than I did!

Yeah me and adam fitted spacers about a month ago, we torqued the wheel bolts up and made sure they were tight so i dont know how they all managed to undo :think:, I checked the other side and while they were fine. Im just unlucky I guess :(

Did you use longer bolts on the front or did you re use the oe bolts mate?

We used the longer 38mm ones that came with the spacers mate. Adam says he has 38mm ones on his with the same spacers and they haven't come loose. I'm just unlucky I guess lol

We used the longer 38mm ones that came with the spacers mate. Adam says he has 38mm ones on his with the same spacers and they haven't come loose. I'm just unlucky I guess lol

I have exactly the same setup as nick spacer wise and mines been fine and the wheels are on there solid.

Swings and roundabouts my friend as I find wins with cars are usually followed by some sort of fail. Still the wins are outweighing the fails I think :)

Cars looking good (except the wing oops) and the new brakes are cool too welcome to the ap brake club

Whoa!... Bill mentioned a car that had been at his had a bit of a wheel incident but didn't realise it was you mate... bad times :(

<tuffty/>