N.I.P's!

hartey

Reaction score
What happens if you ignore an N.I.P? i suppose you get a summons but then what? Do you need a solicitor? Or do you not actually go up against the bench?

Reason being i got flashed by a camera when i was on the way home from the hospital, where my Dad had just died.

It was 2 am ish, a 3 lane carriageway and i was the only car on the road. the limit was 30 and i was doing 49.

What would/should, I/You, do?

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad :(

My advice is to fill in the NIP and return it, if you don't then you'll be guilty of a second offence. For that speed they'll offer you a fixed penalty of £60 and 3 points (assuming you're not already on 9 points?). You could request a court hearing and plead mitigating circumstances, but the reasons you've given aren't a defence for speeding unfortunately. And you run the risk of court costs etc on top.

I'd own up and pay up, and move on I think. I hope that helps.

Own up and pay.
Its not worth the hassel or possible costs.

My mate got away with speeding cause he was rushing his kid to the hospital.

I kind of ignored one.
well, not really ignored it, I moved house and never knew any thing about it.
They finaly caught up with me and i got a summons to court.
Stood up on the bench with a judge barister guy (black coat and a wig), did the bible tell the truth bit.
Explained to them why I did not fill it out and that i'm really sorry. They said they will pass it back to the police force or who ever it was that issued it, for them to get back to me.
5 years on i'm still wiating. :)

your risking 6 points aswell if you dont fill it in
just take the 6 and fine as your gona get more if you dont
also axios when did they start wearing full gown an wig in the mag court

your risking 6 points aswell if you dont fill it in
just take the 6 and fine as your gona get more if you dont
also axios when did they start wearing full gown an wig in the mag court

Not clue but they was in black and white wig thing on their heads.

ok thanks guys, will send the form off.

Hi mate, firstly sorry to hear about your dad.

Have you looked at the NIP to make sure it conforms to the rules of issue??.... i.e. dates, representation details, etc etc.

I've managed to get off a few because they aren't "legal", although these have been for bus lane and parking offences, but the rules are similar.

Hi Aythreee, yes i beleive all is correct and present on the nip. i admit i was speeding and will accept the consequences,, i think i might have missed the deadline to send the nip back, i have received a notice saying i have 10 days to return it but i think thats up in 2 days.

My original questions were what happens at court!

Thanks for all your help guys.

then they beat and rape you on fine and court fees
oh and prob 6 points insted of 3

LOL thanks guys! how much are court costs these days? I will send off the form tomorrow and hopefully it will get there in time!

Ive ignored lesser nips such as for altered exhaust etc but not speeding. No idea on court costs. I live in Scotland where we have none.

Likely you wont have to go to court for that.