MY2013 or MY2014

Cyprio

Reaction score
Hi all

What does 'Model-Year' stand for and how does it work?

My new S4 is scheduled for build-week 36, (first week in Sept), therefore which 'Model Year' would that make it - 2013 or 2014?

I'm not sure how it works, so it seems logical sense to me that it's a 2013 or would it be 2014 due to the Registration change?

Anyone help

Steve.

It will be MY2014

MY changes around June/July time I think.

Hi Cyprio,

When was your car ordered? I'm waiting for an s4 too and wanted to compare waiting times.

Mine was ordered Mid April with and expected build week of 42

Hi there!

I ordered mid June and it arrived at the dealers last Tuesday (10/09). Though bear in mind that before I ordered my car it had already gone through the initial ordering stage because it was destined as an Audi dealer vehicle (or something like that) so this may have soaked-up some of the waiting time.

All the best.

Steve.

I've had to delay collecting it until the 21st:(

Also reading many conflicting opinions on the best way to run her in - its doing my head-in :unsure:

Hi When I bought my S4, I was told that it did not need to be run in, at all! But I should be aware of the new brakes needing to be bedded in. however, when I read the owners manual, it clearly states that there is a running in period, (can't remember the figures).
I rang the dealer, to clarify, and the master tech assured me that there is absolutely no need to run the engine in. I decided to do what I had been advised on my bike when I bought it. Be gentle until it's hot. Accelerate hard, but only half/ three quarters of the way through the rev range. I did this for around 1000 miles. Audi says it's not necessary I haven't hurt it, but if it is necessary, i've done my bit.

Hmmmm ... I much prefer the hard run in method. Definately alot more fun than cruising along at minimal revs