1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MY2012 - current model

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by h5djr, Oct 4, 2011.

1. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

Can anyone with a latest MY12 A3 answer a couple of questions for me.

Is the DIS now controlled from the multi-function steering wheel rather than the right hand stork.

Does it now come equipped with Stop/Start.

Do you know of any other changes between MY2009 and the current models. I will be looking at a Sportback 2.0TDI-170 SE.

I am trying to decide whether to change my A3 for another current model, which I like very much, or wait for the new model due out in 2012 which I may or may not like as much. I have to decide in the next few weeks because my current 2009 model will be 3 years old in April 2012 and, according to my dealer, the current model is still very popular so there is still quite a long lead time on a factory order.

#1 h5djr, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  2. MattBE

MattBE Member

My MY11 has stop start so can confirm this. I'm pretty sure there were no DIS changes and mine is still controlled by the right hand stalk.

3. plezz

plezz Member

hi mate, i wouldnt know about the DIS stuff, but mine is a '60 reg plate diesel and mine has stop start already. so i would have thought most new models do.

plezz.