Facelift MY18 Audi A3 Recall

The Kendragon

Reaction score
Defect Details
The hardening process for the rear wheel bearing housings may not have been correctly performed. In the worst case this could lead to a fractured housing. Should a fractured housing occur there would be abnormal noises bad tyre wear and a theoretical possibility of wheel loss.

Attachments

• A3 and Q2 Fault.PNG
    A3 and Q2 Fault.PNG
    41.7 KB · Views: 489
  • Full Details.PNG
    Full Details.PNG
    40.3 KB · Views: 474
Reactions: richinsoton
Just check your VIN against the numbers quoted. Just did mine and its not on the list thankfully.

Reactions: richinsoton
Phew, mines not affected.

And yes, an S3 is an A3......just called an S3.

Much like a Ford Focus ST is still a Ford Focus.

Yes an S3 is an A3. It's wearing a loud dress but it is still an A3 ;-)

Reactions: Audi Bairn, glospete and Carefree69
Thanks for the heads up mate. Mine's affected. Will be on to the dealers tomorrow.

Reactions: The Kendragon
Get it booked in when you can. Did you not receive a letter or phone call? If not then that’s really bad!
Nope not received anything, only letters asking for feedback on their service haha

Reactions: The Kendragon
Mine was built mid July so should be ok. I hope to god it isn't affected as the mere thought of having to go anywhere near a dealer gives me a cold shiver.

I'll still check the VIN when I get a minute.

Im suprised the number of affected cars is so low.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
So, to understand this you'll have to look at the last 8 digits, right?

J = Model year 2018
A = Assembly plant
Next 6 digits = if between 034153 and 901968 your car will be affected of the recall

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Where did you hear about this recall? My car is in the range of VIN numbers, but i've called my local Audi and they said they cant see any recalls for my car.

Only one recall (from 2001) is found for the S3 which may suggest it's different from the A3 in this aspect.

Attachments

• 2017-12-19_13-42-24.jpg
    2017-12-19_13-42-24.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 257
The s3 will have a different rear hub than the a3 due to having driveshafts going into it.

This might be for FWD only

I haven’t received anything from a dealer, should I contact them or wait?

Just read the bulitin from Audi and according to that this recall only affects 30 cars in the UK