MY01 S3

gmanwrx

wanting a s3
Reaction score
Might be buying a s3 on friday with a bit of luck, its a 2001. What should I look out for as it has done 100k but has full audi history, one more thing are they as good as they look. Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks Greg

one more thing are they as good as they look.Thanks Greg

Yes they are if in Black and as for advice,take plenty of cash if you decide to take it to the Dealership for work to be done

My brother-in-law is one of the senior machanics at manchester audi, so ive got all my servicing sorted:)

Welcome to the site, good luck with the car, let us know how you get on...

Just sold my 365bhp subaru impreza. Great car and very fast, still dont know why I sold it really. Ive just allways liked the s3. Ive owned two mk3 gtis, one blue colour concept which was a great car, and a mk4 gttdi 15obhp which I had awsome gti chip to 199bhp 336 torque which was nice to drive, so Ill give the s3 a try and see how long it lasts lol. subaru was the longest 2 an half years.

if its standard then you might be looking at £1000 worth of ARB`s and shocks and springs to make it handle like what your used to,, oh and a remap lol

I personally think you will be disappointed with an S3 after a Scooby, especially one with 365bhp! The S3 is a lot heavier for a start, and it just doesn't stick to the road as much as you would have liked. But the looks, interior, and desireablility is in no doubt, you are getting a comfortable prestige car with decent performance! Just don't expect to make mince meat of CTR's and Clio's 182 like you did in the Scooby....

Hope you enjoy it, I've had mine for 7+ years, but it's more of a weekend toy these days, so it still keeps me entertained! :racer:

Ive bought it and like it so far, I didnt buy it for speed more for looks and comfort and im quite impressed,also its got a little kick to it when you put your foot down, tbh its hard to use 365bhp around normall streets, but it was nice when you were getting on to the motorway.

Surely a remapped S3 will still make mince meet of CTR's and clio 182's?

Surely a remapped S3 will still make mince meet of CTR's and clio 182's?

Clio 182's are very light, quick motors. S3's are heavy and they feel it when your driving them. I'm sure theres a post on this somewhere else.

I didnt buy it for speed more for looks and comfort and im quite impressed,
I can say hand on heart that if I polish her up I'll see people stare and some double take even though its not as young as it was it still looks the part

as for meets it depends whereabouts you are in the country

I'm in bolton, anything going on around these parts of the country

tbh its hard to use 365bhp around normall streets, but it was nice when you were getting on to the motorway.

I have 360bhp in my GT4 on normal streets it feels very fast,on motorways its absolutely mental how fast it can get to silly speeds.
icon_twisted1.gif