1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Wing Mirrors

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by LD3, Nov 10, 2011.

1. LD3

LD3 Member

Thanks to the scummy c*%3s that ripped off my wing mirrors last night i have had to purchase another pair (I will find you).

Are these easy to fit? I'm guessing I need to take off the door panel to get to the base plate?

Any help would be much appreciated at this stressful time
  2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

Alloy mirrors were they?? they are a target sadly... sorry to hear about yet another set that will end up on ebay only to be ripped off that car and sold again... :(

Bad times...

Not sure about 'if' you need to take the door panel off but its probably an idea and they are dead easy to do... screw either side at the top of the panel, one screw holding the door handle trim then two screws behind that... all you then do is lift the panel up and off the door..

[​IMG]

I suspect you need to remove the plastic trim panel inside the door behind the mirror to remove/replace the mirror

<tuffty/>
  3. Darren4

Darren4 Member

No need to take the door card off, just unpop the black cover off on the top right of the door card and undo the torx bolt. There will be padding that needs to come out but that's it :)
  4. <tuffty/>

^^^ what he said then :)

<tuffty/>
  5. LD3

LD3 Member

Thanks Tuffty,

They wern't alloy just plastic chrome, things is they left the base plates on so I don't even think they are much use apart from the cover.
  6. LD3

LD3 Member

Thanks Darren will have a look when the mirrors get delivered. I get a squeaking in form the drivers side door card so might take the card off and just do the passenger side as you said.
  7. <tuffty/>

Shiny shiny still attracts the little f***r's though... probably didn't realise... that'll piss them off when they find out they are worth a lot less than genuine alloy ones lol...

<tuffty/>
  8. Dan-Jnr

Dan-Jnr Active Member

Sorry hear this, at least yours weren't the alloy ones, but still annoying.

Wouldn't it be mint if you could wire some kind of conductor to give the scum bags an electric shock from the car battery if they tried to nick your mirrors.
  9. LD3

LD3 Member

Thanks Mate. Yeah wouldn't that be great. Noticed they must have kicked one off as the mirror sctratched the door slightly.

Nice colour by the way nothing a like a Noggy blue S3..with wing mirrors lol
  10. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

Ahh sorry to hear matey! You get some real low people in this world! Someone even nicked my grill badge! I was thinking of spraying my black mirrors to brushed aluminium, not sure if they'd look ok though..
  11. eddieantifreeze

eddieantifreeze Member

sorry to hear it - bad people with nothing else better to do. makes my blood boil to be honest - its just not cricket!
  12. LD3

LD3 Member

Cheers mate. I think I'm going to take the chrome covers off and get some normal covers to spray same colour as my wheels. What colour is your car?
  13. LD3

LD3 Member

Speaking of which does anyone know the part number for the wing mirror covers? Bloke at Audi didn't seem to think they do them anymore. Seen a set on eBay but don't know if they'll fit
  14. beanoir

beanoir Sharpest Tongue in the West

Are they just covers then the genuine ones?
  15. Dan-Jnr

Dan-Jnr Active Member

16. LD3

LD3 Member

having a look at them they feel heavy and might actually be metal. Either way I'm replacing these but can't find a set of normal covers!
  17. LD3

LD3 Member

Seems the plastic bit under the mirror has fell off where there should be two screws that bolt in? Any ideas anyone?