My windows are driving me nuts!!!

simonl

Reaction score
Creaking and lightly rattling, more so on the passenger side... has anyone had this??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Sorry, so far I dont seem to have any problems with rattles at all ........

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, so far I dont seem to have any problems with rattles at all ........

[/ QUOTE ]

My "windows" started rattling in the last dry spell, I wonder if some dry silicon spray would shut them up? I also have had a rattle under the passenger side dash for two years (only on certain roads) and passnger headrest/seat rattle, in fact as I have said before, I reckon Audi need a good shake up, this "new" A3 is not in the same league build wise as my 97 model was.

yeh ive started to get the wondow rattle, more on passenger side though. I told my dealer about it last time my car was in. They told me they fixed it and no more rattle, half an hour later it was worse than ever !

My driver's side adjustable seat belt mounting point (on the door pillar) rattles like crazy sometimes. It is very annoying as it is right by my ear!

[ QUOTE ]

My windows are driving me nuts!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Crikey, makes a change from the steering wheel in the pants... [/got my coat already...]

I've not had a problem with rattly windows, they're fairly well behaved.

Mike, is that your 3.2 on Autotrader for 19,995... Black leather!

No mate, I keep changing my sig but the for sale thing keeps coming back!

However, it'll be up for sale when I get back from hols - change in job means I need a dirty diesel! Watch this space!

Potentially very good news.

My car went in for rattly windows and excessive smoking last week. Good news is...no more rattly/creaking windows. Not sure if it's going to be a temporary fix or not but i'll keep you posted.

I thought I had a rattle starting - turned out to be some coins in the little holder below the cd player. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

All these rattle threads are getting me paranoid.

I've got a really annoying buzz coming from somewhere in the back I think. I don't know whats causing it. I take it your door windows are whats rattling?

I've even been in the back when the buzz was happening and couldn't track it down. Thought it could be the parcel shelf, then the seats, or maybe the plastics for the rear lighting.

[ QUOTE ]
Potentially very good news.

My car went in for rattly windows and excessive smoking last week. Good news is...no more rattly/creaking windows. Not sure if it's going to be a temporary fix or not but i'll keep you posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any info about what they did to cure it would be good - going back to that rattling windows thread, it is a lot shorter than I remember it before lots of posts were lost!

My passenger door/window has been creaking since day 1. I even had the seals changed but it still happens. The best cure so far was a liberal smearing of a silicone based audi special grease which, according to my firendly Audi tech, costs 150 quid per tube.

Sigh - anyone got any better suggestions? The creaking/rattling is driving me nuts (not the steering wheel in the pants kind...)

Can I ask,when you say 'rattle' can you elaborate ?
I'm getting a 'clicking' type noise coming from the top of my drivers door frame,where it meets the body.

This is a new rattle,which joins the persistent rattle/buzz noise I get from the centre console.

How embarrassing is it when passengers take the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif out of rattles in a £23K car ?

Very..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

My '02 36000 mile A4 was completely and utterly rattle free. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Bowfer, it's like a creaking/tapping on the P/side, that dissappears when the window goes down a few inches. I was wondering whether the hot weather has evaporated any grease or silicone etc.

Yup Leman,that's what I'm getting from my driver's door,which makes it even more noticeable..
Christ on a bike,what next....
First the buzzy centre console,then this.
Honestly,do Audi throw them together these days ?
Office junior has a £12k Civic that's built better.
Angry isn't the word. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

I used to know a bloke that would make your car 'disappear'...

Where's his number....

[ QUOTE ]
Creaking and lightly rattling, more so on the passenger side... has anyone had this??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this problem, only had the car a week.

I also notice that when starting from cold the passenger door sounds like it's been hit with stones from the road. Anyone know what this is? It goes away. The rattling windows however, do not and are driving me mad also :-(

Regarding warranty repairs, what's the stance on getting a dealer to come pick the car up rather than me taking it in? I'll be taking it not to the dealer where I bought it.

Most dealers will collect and return a car when it's going in for a service, but not sure what their view would be on warranty work, especially if you didn't buy the car from them. I know my own dealer would happily collect my car if I wanted them to, for service or warranty work, but then I did buy it from them together with my last 5 A3s.

I think you'll find it's up to the individual dealer.

All dealers HAVE to offer the collect from home option for servicing, it's in the book. Not sure about warranty work though, although my dealer did for me.

My local dealer (Parklands Audi) picked mine up for warranty work with no fuss. I have had the car serviced with them, plus my two previous Audi's. However, not one of my Audi's has been purchased from them.

Bloomin good service from Parklands, they just never seem to have what I am looking for when I change my car, (always buy ex-demo cars), so tend to go to which ever dealer has what I want at that moment in time.

[ QUOTE ]
Bowfer, it's like a creaking/tapping on the P/side, that dissappears when the window goes down a few inches. I was wondering whether the hot weather has evaporated any grease or silicone etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Oh really sir, weve never had that before"
well, I'll tell you that before they do, I actually had a appointment with the service manager to sort it out last week, next visit it gets new seals WOW, apparantly they are a pain to fit, all the door in bits, so then it will be another visit to replace whatever they break doing that job, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif

Mines booked in on Thursday, driving this morning both window seals were making one hell of a racket. Seems to worsen when you slow down, like comming off a motorway slip road.

I'll be really surprised if they nail down any of the rattles.