My trip to R-tech.

FergyA3

Reaction score
After hearing that R-tech was the place to go, I decided the 250 mile trip from Plymouth was worth it so I booked in my 2002 AUM 1.8T for a stage 1.5 map (no FMIC). So the day finally came.. Shorty after leaving my house, my last unchanged coilpack decided to die.. so after a rush trip to eurocar parts on three cylinders and buying a cheap tacky coilpack for £27, it was to head upcountry.

4 hours later I arrived at the workshop in Hinckley. The R-tech guy introduced themselves and got the car on the rolling road straight away. It turns out my car had already been stage 1 mapped by revo as it put out 197bhp on the first run.. slightly dissapointing for me as the noticible difference would be less.

Anyway, after an hour or so of runs and tweaking Niki managed to make 231bhp and 281ft/lbs of torque! He took me for a test drive and explain what he'd done and why in great detail. After this he let me test drive it and god what a difference. The mid range torque is insane, from 4000-7000 the power is just ridiculous. It was night and day between the revo stage 1 and the r-tech stage 1.5.

Fantastic service and WELL worth the money and any small travel you may need to do to get there... The guys know exactly what they are doing and the car is so much nicer to drive. An added bonus was that on my return trip I averaged 46mpg, 7mpg more than the journey up! (39mpg).

My advice would be to have your car running perfectly before taking it there, taking care of your car really can produce great results. Well worth the money for the remap, transforms the car.

11/10.
Also the first car to be r
unning TIV+ mapping with VVT active mapping as a nice touch. :hubbahubba:

Reactions: mister.c. and 16Klappe
Great result dude, ive gotta take Ron back once ive put the engine back together, niki and ben are top blokes, glad you got good results :)

Wow, that is awesome. The torque figure is unreal. You're about 6 months ahead of me in tuning terms, so it's good to hear what I should aim for/expect.

What is the reasoning behind the TDi mid-section of the exhaust? Never heard of that one before...?

tdi centre section is a good budget mod, I used to run a 3'' DP and decat, tdi centre section and stock backbox.

It's just the same as the oE centre section, but with no silencer, and costs £12.

Good results matey :) Saw niki racing about the VVT tune on facebook earlier

tdi centre section is a good budget mod, I used to run a 3'' DP and decat, tdi centre section and stock backbox.

It's just the same as the oE centre section, but with no silencer, and costs £12.

Sir king of prawn, would i see any benefit removing my centre box on my S3 system?

Seeing as you're from the **** drop me a message and I will let you have a go in mine.

Great results for the basic mods, vvt mapping sounds interesting. I have been chatting with Niki about it this afternoon.

*Also hilarious that you achieved the same "impossible" MPG that I did on the way back too, looking at your sig it looks a nice car.

Seeing as you're from the **** drop me a message and I will let you have a go in mine.

Great results for the basic mods, vvt mapping sounds interesting. I have been chatting with Niki about it this afternoon.

*Also hilarious that you achieved the same "impossible" MPG that I did on the way back too, looking at your sig it looks a nice car.

Im liking this alot, does this mean we can have an ASN mini meet in the ****/lovely tavi dartmoor area, otherwise know as phils House? lol

He drives it like a fag everywhere that's why. He could probably get about 80mpg out of my tdi!

brakes next Tom!

Cracking, thanks for explaining. I'll be going down that route then me thinks. Love a bargain :)