My Sprint S3 :)

Bit of an update :)

Got my grille, lower trims of bumpers painted black. Debating wether to paint the fog grille's same, or just coat them in gel :p

I've got a Milltek on order too. All needs now is CAI, Service, Cambelt, Front discs and pads, rear pads and a remap :(

Appologies for the poor quality

BlackGrille2.jpg

BlackGrille.jpg

BlackSplitter.jpg

Funnily enough i've just taken my S3 in the same colour for the grill/splitter/diffuser doing gloss black aswell. Glad to see it looks good, but i think i'll be getting the fog surround done like your saying. Haven't had the wheels done yet though, was thinking about just buying some black ones than rather spraying the one's i've got on now (which are the same as yours) but now reconsidering it.

Looks good mate, i bet you are loving the sound of the Miltek.

Quick question, did you body shop have any issues with painting your grill? Are you happy with the final result?
I took mine in last week to get a quote on having the grill painted and I was told that they wouldn't be able to do a very good job and recommended I buy a new grill that was already painted.

I asked how he got on sanding all the slats down individually :p it was a painstaking job but had to be done. The finish is superb :)

Funnily enough i've just taken my S3 in the same colour for the grill/splitter/diffuser doing gloss black aswell. Glad to see it looks good, but i think i'll be getting the fog surround done like your saying. Haven't had the wheels done yet though, was thinking about just buying some black ones than rather spraying the one's i've got on now (which are the same as yours) but now reconsidering it.

Its Satin i've gone for over Gloss buddy :)

Thanks for the comments guys - CAI and Remap now :D

Ahhhhh. Looks good though, now a bit worried about mine. Ha

Looking good Danno. Once I get the winters off and the CH's back on, I'm going to try the Alu mirrors again. My CH's have the silver rim protector, so I hope it brings in the mirrors to match the Audi rings as well.

I reckon painting the front and rear valance black is going to be "the thing to do" this year for A/S3's with optics.

Looking good Danno. Once I get the winters off and the CH's back on, I'm going to try the Alu mirrors again. My CH's have the silver rim protector, so I hope it brings in the mirrors to match the Audi rings as well.

I reckon painting the front and rear valance black is going to be "the thing to do" this year for A/S3's with optics.

I wonder how it would look with the 'hybrid' grill, Rich (optics slats and chrome surround). Should echo the wheels, could look good?

Im thinking to get mine done but not sure either to go vinyl or just paint it black gloss

There's plenty I'd really like to do to S3, the wrap/paint front and rear valance, exhaust, coils, map, hybrid grill (cheers Martin, forgot about that :banghead:), but I'm saving for the new car (to me) later this year. Changing my mirrors is simple as I've got both sets and the wheels just need to go back in the next few weeks. I'll just have to live with it like this, which isn't a bad thing to be fair.

Problem is always that you think you're happy, then another thread pops up with a mod you've not considered before and you immediately think, I'd like that! Must resist.

Reactions: MartayMcFly
There's plenty I'd really like to do to S3, the wrap/paint front and rear valance, exhaust, coils, map, hybrid grill (cheers Martin, forgot about that :banghead:), but I'm saving for the new car (to me) later this year. Changing my mirrors is simple as I've got both sets and the wheels just need to go back in the next few weeks. I'll just have to live with it like this, which isn't a bad thing to be fair.

Problem is always that you think you're happy, then another thread pops up with a mod you've not considered before and you immediately think, I'd like that! Must resist.

You're gonna sell the S3 then?:/

Probably just trade it for another Audi. But if the right offer came in....

Was in picking up my ashtray delete bit today and they had all the 12-plates being picked up so the lot was full of 09/10 cars and there was a few 8P3 SBs that I had a quick peek at... very tempting (even though I don't need 4 doors).

Erm, i'de appreciate no spamming in my threads please people hahaha :p

Rico, if you decide to sell the your black mirror's, i know someone who'll take them off ya ;)

Cheers for all the comments guys :)