1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My spacers have sheared at the hub!!

Discussion in 'DPM Performance' started by DJ-S3, Jan 16, 2013.

1. DJ-S3

DJ-S3 Member

I bought (well actually my brother in Australia) some 10mm FK hub centric spacers from yourself just before Xmas. I got them fitted on the 24 of December last year (2012) and I've just taken my rear wheels off to fit some 12mm hub centric spacers instead and to put the 10mm ones on the front, only to find out the hub centric part of the spacers have sheared off!! They've only been on 3weeks and 2days!!

I don't think this is expected is it?

I have pictures of he spacers on my phone if you wish to see them?

Dom
  2. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear that.

Firstly do you have your invoice number?

Can you also email over a picture to us of the problem and also confirm the part number, vehicle they're fitted to and also the wheels used?

Damian @ DPM Performance
  3. DJ-S3

DJ-S3 Member

Hi Damian, sent a email to sales@dpmperformance.co.uk . Hope that was the correct place.

I've sent the order number as that's all my brother (lives in Australia) had sent me when he ordered them. If the invoice number is needed i'll give him a email, but obviously with the time difference (being nearly mid night over there) i wont get a reply untill later tonight.

Dom
  4. Ste_Nova

Ste_Nova Active Member

did you follow the fitting instructions and use a torque wrench?
  5. DJ-S3

DJ-S3 Member

Yes. Done by a friends garage. I was there whilst they were fitted, as I always am when it comes to my car. They were fitted correctly and to the correct torque settings. This is why I'm confused.

Damian has got back to me and were trying to resolve the situation as we speak via emails.