George29

Reaction score
I finally picked up my new S3 today!

9812f7ab2f7e2e72251acc120bde6680.jpg

b546515db92ebe09cfd24bdb290df0af.jpg

695bc2fa2b354f198cfa09061ed5239f.jpg

45d2649ade800f8c6f39715d6e1f0344.jpg

98132ece7d64079a4a47bd23f5b2cde1.jpg

I love it, really is surprisingly quick. Doesn't feel as quick as it is though. The noise is good, S-tronic is brilliant.

I came from a Golf GTD (which I owned for less than 3 weeks as it was just awful to drive) and a Polo GTI before that.

My plans include:
  1. Retrofit iPod connectivity / AMI
  2. Detachable towbar fitted
  3. Remove the drug dealer tints from the rear windows
  4. Have the anthracite bits of the wheels powdercoated in silver to match the wing mirrors
  5. Replace the black edition grille with either a normal S3 one, or hopefully an RS3 grille

That should be about it for now. If anyone knows any good places or has any recommendations for getting that stuff done around Lancashire I'd be grateful :)

Hi great looking s3, you will already have iPod and ami just look in glove box these should be standard on your model.
also the rear windows are factory fitted tinted glass which can't be easily removed without changing the glass.
enjoy the car,

Very nice motor love solar orange just behind sprint blue, as said you should have AMI as standard, and your glass is privacy glass not just tints so its window swap job but if you wanted to could organise to swap with my windows and i pay you some money as I always wanted privacy glass in mine and get them swapped over same day/time.

wow thats a bright S3 you got there:] Is it not BE? every BE should has got Ipod connectivity blacked out gloss frame etc.
It is a black edition, but it's got the 6 CD changer? I spoke to Audi and they said they can change it over but it can't have both.

Very nice motor love solar orange just behind sprint blue, as said you should have AMI as standard, and your glass is privacy glass not just tints so its window swap job but if you wanted to could organise to swap with my windows and i pay you some money as I always wanted privacy glass in mine and get them swapped over same day/time.

I thought it would just be a case of peeling the tints off, I don't really fancy swapping the windows just yet. If I do in the future I'll bear you in mind :)

I've seen the glass coming out of a black edidition it's not easy had a scratch on rear quarter the fitter had to put the glass through to change it, you would have to be crazy to risk that fantastic paint!

I used to have the same one. Changed it as the colour was losing value so much. Hope u enjoy it mate. I had a tread about mine. Called Tangerine Queen. check it out dude.

Your brave choosing that colour.. :footy: However enjoy

I love this colour my first s3 was in this colour and loved it when I was looking for a facelift S3 I couldn't find any in my price range at the time but got my second fav colour Ibis white and a massive must for me Buckets. But every time I see a orange one on here or autotrader I question my self have I made the right choice. Very nice car mate hope you enjoy it as they are a great car. And if you get used to the power then a stage 1 remap is a nice surprise.

get the grill on lad, they look :wub: but i am biased. njoy the car :racer:

I love this colour my first s3 was in this colour and loved it when I was looking for a facelift S3 I couldn't find any in my price range at the time but got my second fav colour Ibis white and a massive must for me Buckets. But every time I see a orange one on here or autotrader I question my self have I made the right choice. Very nice car mate hope you enjoy it as they are a great car. And if you get used to the power then a stage 1 remap is a nice surprise.
Thanks :) I'd have loved for it to have the buckets but there isn't exactly a lot of Solar Orange S3s about! Maybe a retrofit in the future...

This is only my daily car so I'm not too fussed if I get used to the power. I've got something a bit more special for hooning around in :)

This is only my daily car so I'm not too fussed if I get used to the power. I've got something a bit more special for hooning around in :)[/QUOTE]

dont keep us guessing ?

I'd have chosen a different colour in all honesty, and this is coming from a guy who owns an orange car.

I'd have chosen a different colour in all honesty, and this is coming from a guy who owns an orange car.
Why?

I will admit it was a tough call between the orange one and this: Audi S3 2.0 T FSI quattro 265 PS 3dr 2012
but I prefer S-tronic to manual so Orange won (it also happens that my R1 will be painted in black and orange so it should match nicely) :)

I don't like boring or popular colours, I've had far too many of them and won't be going back.

I'm Glad someone else is of the same opinion, I've got a Black BE S3 and put the standard silver S3 wheels on for winter...I actually prefer them :ninja: to the BE rotors and it sort of makes the bright silver mirrors stand out less, I've also thought about ditching the BE grill in favour of a standard one,

Nice collection of wheels you have there!!!
im a big fan of solar but wanted DSG and buckets so finish with a little black number!
enjoy the s3 and keep them bikes rubber side down.

As has been said, very nice collection of boys toys youve got there....the Aston is fabulous and the R1 is going to be a rocketship !!

I may not be remembering correctly, but I thought the S3 had issues being a tow car ( that is why Audi wont supply a towbar for it ) but I could be wrong ?

Anyway......enjoy !!!

As has been said, very nice collection of boys toys youve got there....the Aston is fabulous and the R1 is going to be a rocketship !!

I may not be remembering correctly, but I thought the S3 had issues being a tow car ( that is why Audi wont supply a towbar for it ) but I could be wrong ?

Anyway......enjoy !!!

Yep, officially they won't supply a towbar. However... I do know a place that will supply me with a towbar as a "cycle rack holder only" ;)

I won't be towing much weight with it so it shouldn't be much of an issue, the only problem is I need to have the diffuser butchered slightly. I will get a spare so when I sell the car it looks like it should :)

Beautiful Car + Colour nice Aston too ;)
I like the Windows and the Grille tbh if i were you i would keep it as it is, Bucket Seats would look nice on it too,
Where abouts in Lancashire are you from ?
I love that colour aswell stands out from the crowd.
As said above a Remap would be good on it too.
Enjoy :) :racer:

Beautiful Car + Colour nice Aston too
wink.gif

I like the Windows and the Grille tbh if i were you i would keep it as it is, Bucket Seats would look nice on it too,
Where abouts in Lancashire are you from ?
I love that colour aswell stands out from the crowd.
As said above a Remap would be good on it too.
Enjoy
biggrin.gif
racer.gif

I'm from near Clitheroe.

Sorry, just to tempt you...

P1020060_zps924c10ad.jpg

Not my cup of tea I'm afraid. I'm not a huge fan of the black details as it is - hence why I want to change them to silver :)

I had AMI retrofitted today thanks to N8 / Kowalski Details. They did a top job, and it's much better to use than SD cards :)

Remap may be on the cards next.

Reactions: N8
Pleasure meeting you today George, must better than the changer!

Before

D2054CF9-CBA4-4840-BB8D-43C9740E4541-11265-00000902BCBC420A.jpg

After

38D502C1-37DC-4740-BEA1-CB491B712670-11265-00000902B8170FEC.jpg

AMI in action

113C06C4-556D-4201-AF37-442CD1303242-11265-00000902C1836A53.jpg

Great piece of kit, hope you enjoyed the drive home. Feel free to get in contact again regarding remap/wheel refurb/grille/towbar etc :wub:

Thanks again N8

Lovely car mate, its bright aint it... Stands out well.

Is this the S3 I see parked on Rolls car park at Bankfield...

mine is the blue 09 sportback, just bought it a couple of weeks ago.

Lovely car mate, its bright aint it... Stands out well.

Is this the S3 I see parked on Rolls car park at Bankfield...

mine is the blue 09 sportback, just bought it a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers, it is the one from Rolls. I've seen your car on the car park a couple of times, very nice :)

Cheers, it is the one from Rolls. I've seen your car on the car park a couple of times, very nice :)

Cheers mate,

if you want any tuning/modifications doing have a look at GNJ Motorsport, Graeme there has impeccable customer service and is only in Blackburn.

I know him from my days with the VXR... :)

Last edited:
Thanks I'll have a look there. I fancy a Milltek cat back exhaust and maybe a stage 1 remap at some point in the near future :)

Did you used to have a Corsa VXR before the S3? I remember seeing a blue one on the car park a fair bit.

Thanks I'll have a look there. I fancy a Milltek cat back exhaust and maybe a stage 1 remap at some point in the near future :)

Did you used to have a Corsa VXR before the S3? I remember seeing a blue one on the car park a fair bit.

yeah, that corsa was mine...

Heres the progress thread for it... Stage 3+

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/other-brands-models/175940-my-old-corsa-vxr-i-will-miss-her.html

im going to GNJ soon for eibach springs and spaces in the next few weeks. In feb I'll be going for a full milltek and shark remap soon after. :)