My Silver S3 With Spacer Pics

JamS3

Reaction score
Gave it a wash and wax today and thought I'd post some pics now Iv'e got my spacers how I want them!

DSC00987.jpg

That looks great!! Really needs those spacers I reckon and silver looks good.

Jam,

Looks superb mate. How much and where from?

The rear of the car looks spot on, and also in terms of suspension height too. Front arches must be taller, as there looks to be a bigger gap above the tyre - noticed that on numerous pics of S3's now.

AL

They are H + R. 10mm on the front and 15mm on the back. Probs cost around 150-160 for everything.

Iv'e had no rubbing issues at all as Klauster stated he was getting rubbing on his S3??

AL

Yeh just looking at the side on pic you can see the front arch higher than the rear one.

Got fronts from TT Shop (as they were on the rear of my old 8L S3) and the rears came from Damian at DPM, give him a shout!

Certainly looks good. A3s and in fact all Audis seem to look great in Silver. I'm sure the designers must work with silver when they are designing them.

I always liked silver Audis ever since I saw what I thought was a brand new silver Audi 100 in the reception area of the Ingolstadt factory when I went on my first visit many years ago.

When I looked closer, it was not in fact painted silver. It was not painted at all. It was a fully galvanised body (the Audi 100 was the first) but with not a drop of paint used anywhere. It was all complete both inside and out except for the paint. One way of showing off the new galvanised bdoy to visitors!

JamS3 said:
AL

Yeh just looking at the side on pic you can see the front arch higher than the rear one.

Got fronts from TT Shop (as they were on the rear of my old 8L S3) and the rears came from Damian at DPM, give him a shout!

Cheers mate.

H&R ones are drilled for 110 and 112 PCD aren't they? I'd forgotten that.

AL

AL_B said:
Cheers mate.

H&R ones are drilled for 110 and 112 PCD aren't they? I'd forgotten that.

AL

They certainly are, fit perfect!

Anything less than 10mm on the front, they are not spigoted which I found out to my expense on my 8L S3 when I got steering wheel vibration at 70ish mph.

Ain't spacers used when the rims are too big for the arches? After seeing this i'm pretty sure i'm wrong so do correct me :)

They are mainly used for the wheels to "fill" the arches up giving the car a more aggressive stance.

They push the wheels out further away from the bodywork.

The car looks great, it only needs small subtle changes to make it look absolutely spot on. Spacers now added to my ever increasing wish list....

nice....:icon_thumright:

JamS3 said:
They are mainly used for the wheels to "fill" the arches up giving the car a more aggressive stance.

They push the wheels out further away from the bodywork.

Aha fantastic! Thanks for the correction hehe. Do you lose out on anything by using spacers i.e. is there a disadvantage?

newbiecrg said:
Can you achieve the same results with a different offset wheels?

Pedro

You should be able to mate as the lower the offset the more the wheels will stick out as if you have spacers on. Only thing you have to be careful is with clearance on the arches, ie full lock on the front wheels when turning.

The standard S3 offset is ET54 and for comparison the 19in RS4 wheels (Audi OE) is ET29 therefore those wheels will not fit on a S3 as they would catch on the front arches.

I would stick with spacers for this reason as wheel offset is a bit of a gamble!

10mm front and 15mm rear is the max to go for really on a new S3 without rubbing issues with a full load etc.

emzino said:
Aha fantastic! Thanks for the correction hehe. Do you lose out on anything by using spacers i.e. is there a disadvantage?

Not really, you increase the track of the car therefore some say it will improve the handling but to be honest you would never know, other than that no problems!

Jam, the car looks sweet mate.

Am still coming up your way next week so might have to see her in the flesh.

Shame about those 19's you wanted not fitting. A local firm to me are doing the 19 RS4 reps for £395 w/o or just over £600 with tyres if you were fancying a set, I could bring em up with me...:)

As for the FB MFSW, what a palava.

Looks sweet indeed! I don't understand why audi let the wheels stay in that position, the S3 mk1 seems to have the wheel arches better filled, thought they had learned the lesson.
Silver is a good color, mine is just like yours, only difference is the opcional rims similar to RS4. Still waiting for it though, said to the dealer "don't bother calling me if it isn't ready for delivery", can't stand delays after delays... It hurts more:3sadwalk:
Already in contact with topsatnav to make a retrofit:)

José said:
Still waiting for it though, said to the dealer "don't bother calling me if it isn't ready for delivery", can't stand delays after delays... It hurts more:3sadwalk:

Como te percebo... esta quarta vou finalmente buscar o meu!!!

Pedro

LOL! Poor Pedro, if we would make a list of the number of days between the order and the delivery, surely he would be in the top places...
I believe that it is worth the waiting:)

Força pedro!

AL_B said:
Jam,

Would you say 15mm on the rear is just right or would 10mm still look good? Did you try the 10mm's on the rear? Just wondering.

AL
I was wondering the same thing!

And why, oh why, didn't Audi make the wheel offset so that spacers aren't required? :confused:

I did try the 10mm on the rear a pic is here...

The car is on quite a slant so is not the best pic to compare.

DSC00915.jpg

However the 15mm just have the edge over them and look slightly better, to be honest if you get 10mm you will only end up wishing you had got 15mm!

I'm running 10mm front and 12mm rear on mine. Its a good combination, no rubbing at all and they look great! :)