My S4

xs2man

Reaction score
Well, I had a thread about every one of my previous vag cars (I still have the A3 mind), but thought since its been a couple weeks now since getting the S4, I would share some pics.

Not the best condition, but after several hours cleaning, polishing, cleaning, cleaning, polishing, waxing etc... it aint looking too bad. Still needs some paint work done, and it wasn't looked after, so I decided to save it from its previous owner, and snap her up cheap.

Saying that, the 500 mile drive home did cost about 140 quid in fuel, so not so great, but hey ho, she is here now, and will only get better...

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

First wash.

Now...

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMG_1120Small.jpg

IMG_1121Small.jpg

IMG_1127Small.jpg

IMG_1130Small.jpg

IMG_1128Small.jpg

Sorry for all the pics. Can you tell I quite like it???

Yeah, the engine does sound great. Need it louder though, or what's the point in a V8? Impulse buy really though, I was looking for a sensible 1.9TDI quattro avant, and seen this, emailed a cheeky offer and struck a deal. Now I'm trying to sell the A3 in order to get an Avant TDi. Oops.

Saying that, the 500 mile drive home did cost about 140 quid in fuel, so not so great, but hey ho, she is here now, and will only get better...

Sounds about right! :laugh:

Lovely looking car mate cleaned up a treat :icon_thumright: given me motivation to clean and polish mine the weekend then! I want one of those snow foamers!

I don't think the previous owner of mine was very switched on either! it was on longlife servicing up until I got it! one service interval was 22k! so no wonder I had a tensioner break!

I have a milltek resonated cat back on mine and I'd say it is a tad quiet. I am planning on getting hi flow cats soon so that should make it a bit louder

Cheers guys.

I will be looking for custom pipes, hopefully not boomy at about 60-85 MPH as that'll be were she sits mostly, but certainly loud enough so you can hear her 3 streets away in town, lol.

We'll see what happens anyway. A few months before that happens.

was its left side damaged? The left headlight seems kinda pushed in doesnt it? Other than that, beauty!

what did you use to get that foam wash thing all over your car like that and is it any goo cheers tazzy baby

The drivers side wing is damaged, but the biggest damage is to the passenger side. Yes, the headlight does not sit right. Been quoted about £800-1k for the full front end repair / spray.

I use i4detailing snow foam just now, with a Karcher snow foam lance. Will be trying megs Hyperwash next time I buy snow foam, but I've bought about 30l when I bought the lance, over 18 months ago, and still got about 8 left, lol.

Yes, it is good stuff. I give the car a good wash every 6-8 weeks, and a good polish every 3-4 months, in the meantime, I just go over it once with the snowfoam and it comes up lovely. So I only actually touch the car once every 4-8 weeks, lol. I am very lazy, hence the long intervals between proper washes, but will snowfoam once or twice a week.

Was at a local car forum meet at the weekend, and it was pretty good. There has been MANY MANY photos posted about the meet, but here is the ONLY one of my car not taken by myself I have found so far. Just thought I'd add it here...

megameet_icy.jpg

Is the dude in the red golf next to your car ok? He looks like he may have been snipered through his open window!

Your car looks sexual though mate, the detailing you have done makes the paintwork look so much better! clap clap!

She hadn't even been washed that day, that was after a whole weekend with 250 miles driven. Looked good though...

Interesting reading. Are you referring the the dent on the passenger side of the bonnet you have told me about. Why is the light pushed in?

Yes, thats what I was referring to. The light is pushed in for the same reason as the grill. As can be seen in this picture:

IMAG0091.jpg

No problems so far. Doesn't seem to be any water in there. Haven't spoken to Audi yet about the recall either, for this or the coilpacks. 3 were changed recently though.