My S4 V8 produces juice when squeezed!

installer69

Reaction score
Because it is such a lemon. When I collected it the o/s/r door was stuck closed. Whilst waiting for it to go in for that to be diagnosed a whine at 2,500 rpm developed and the fuel gauge would read 1/3 full after putting £45 in (US posters take note) When it went in for the door lock and door card replacement they diagnosed the noise as the alternator. Whilst in for the alternator job they looked at the difficulty selecting reverse problem that had been getting worse. Result-needs a gearbox!! 3 months old, 5,000 miles, £41,000. Maybe I'll pass on the next car which was to be an RS6. The dealer has been great and have given me a TT 3.2 quattro with DSG to play with. If you get a chance you must try one. I'd hold off on buying one though 'till it's been out a few years and some other mug has paid the money and done the on road evaluation.

One of the knock sensors went at 2.5k miles on my V8 S4 - the performance just died - and in 8.5k miles and six months to date the fuel gauge has twice failed to fully go up after a full refill. There's a vibration noise at low revs also - heat shield? At least the clutch has'nt gone (yet) as on some other early cars!

Have had more problems with other new cars.....

What's a knock sensor?

Sorry if this is really dumb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif<font color="blue"> </font>

Not dumb at all! - see the 'Octane and Power' post in the Tech Talk forum...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Guys,

The dealership has an obligation to you which means that you can ask for anything as long as it is fair and reasonable. That does include a full refund. Especially If you have had lots of problems. Read the Sale and Supply of Goods Act. Also if you used finance to purchase the car and the amount of finance is over £100 the finance company have the same obligation to you (Consumer Credit Act 1975).

They don't like it one bit, but the law is clear about your rights as a consumer. If it were a kettle, TV, fridge you would want your money back or a replacemment wouldn't you? - YES. As much as the dealership might try to persuade you otherwise a fridge, TV or new car are all trated exactly the same and you (the buyer) have precisely the same rights and the seller has exactyl the same obligations....

oops, am I ranting... sorry, bit of a touchy subect this. I've had grief for three years with my A4. <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font>

Imagine how my wife feels?

She can't understand it all. To her 'a car is a car'. That's why she always takes mine when she pops out!

'Don't forget to pick the kids up' she says. So come 3 O'clock I look for the keys to the S4 and they're not there. She's nicked it and left me with the Saab Cab.

I bet it will all change in the summer!

[ QUOTE ]
installer69 said:
Maybe I'll pass on the next car which was to be an RS6.

[/ QUOTE ]

SAME HERE... BUT I WANTED TO JUMP FROM A4 TO S4, BUT NO MORE AUDI FOR ME /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif