My S3

Alex_Wil

S3 - DSG - Black Edition - TTE Hybrid Turbo
Regional Rep
Reaction score
Hi,

Thought id start a thread of my S3,

Just put the deflectors on so will start here and keep updating as I do more and more! - Not greatest pictures afraid!

Then decided to go out Saturday night and was parked next to these..

Will keep everyone updated!

Cheers

Alex

I like the wind deflectors,I like then cause I like having fresh air in the car in all weather

Reactions: Alex_Wil and s3_trev
You boys park to close together for my liking lol!!

Watch them doors god i'm sad!!! :ohmy:

Reactions: _Zerocool_
You boys park to close together for my liking lol!!

Watch them doors god i'm sad!!! :ohmy:

haha I'm 6ft 2 so I didn't even try to get out! got someone to take the picture for me!

****UPDATE****

After a long day waiting for my car to get its new additions from AMD here are the results and couldn't be happier :D

Excuse the pictures(not great)

First of all the Miltek non resonated cat back

Followed by the Cai in blue

And finally the stage 1 amd remap and the results!!

The result is amazing and should defiantly keep me happy for a while!

Get my tats over tomorrow so will add some more pictures and update then!

Cheers

Alex

Last edited:
Glad you're pleased with the results.

They've always done superb work for me,and I leave happy with the car every time.

Just remember...it's the start of a slippery slope,and once you've had the first bits done,it doesn't stop!

Reactions: shortfletch11
Glad you're pleased with the results.

They've always done superb work for me,and I leave happy with the car every time.

Just remember...it's the start of a slippery slope,and once you've had the first bits done,it doesn't stop!

What's your view on those results he said let it settle and I'll get bit more from it .

Yeah I've already started thinking what's next! :/ haha

What's your view on those results he said let it settle and I'll get bit more from it .

Yeah I've already started thinking what's next! :/ haha

You'll get a few percent more,and the midrange torque should smooth out a bit as the car adapts.

It really is quite addictive.....I've had mine for nearly 6years from new,and it's still getting better.

Looking good, stage one deffo transforms the drive.

What do you think of the non res catback? How much better than stock does it sound...

Yeah I seem to have started getting addicted!how much have you spent in total if you don't mind me asking Alex?

I think it sounds a lot better than stock stetheo , has a deeper grunt on it- was definitely a good purchase

Good, glad your happy. I love mine too. Gotta enjoy putting your foot down now, I know I do haha.

Good, glad your happy. I love mine too. Gotta enjoy putting your foot down now, I know I do haha.

The speed is a good step up from before :D did it all for the fuel economy you get from the map of course ;) haha , like the noise from the induction!

Reactions: stetheo
Is it just me or does the torque line look a little odd. Id expect a peak early on in the rev range and then a gradually decrease over the whole rev band. Nice power result though, however i managed more torque from stock on a rolling road….

To be honest mate I don't have greatest idea ...? I thought in stock s3 was about 250 torque ? .. Could be completely wrong

Is it just me or does the torque line look a little odd. Id expect a peak early on in the rev range and then a gradually decrease over the whole rev band. Nice power result though, however i managed more torque from stock on a rolling road….

It may well change a bit over the next few days as the car adapts,and if I remember,mine barely made 310lbs on Stg1.

Another update on the s3 this morning!

Engine cover now fitted! - think will be last thing I do for a small while!

Alex

Reactions: micks378 and Compkiler
Let's see how long before you give in to the need for more.
Lol.

Reactions: Alex_Wil
Glad you are pleased with the upgrades Alex. With reference to the torque, from memory I think it was a DSG model. Due to this it won't show as much torque as it actually has and sometimes it does something funny with the graph (the power delivery is nice and smooth on the road). If the car ever has a DSG remap then you can get a full power/full throttle run from it. :icon_thumright:

P.S Alex, I think we need to fit a TTS engine cover to your car? Even more stealthy then!

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex_Wil and S3Alex
Glad you are pleased with the upgrades Alex. With reference to the torque, from memory I think it was a DSG model. Due to this it won't show as much torque as it actually has and sometimes it does something funny with the graph (the power delivery is nice and smooth on the road). If the car ever has a DSG remap then you can get a full power/full throttle run from it. :icon_thumright:

P.S Alex, I think we need to fit a TTS engine cover to your car? Even more stealthy then!

Cheers Ben , haven't stopped driving it since Friday!

Like Alex has said its a slippery slope and the dsg remap is another thing on the list now....I'll drag it out as long as possible!

Didn't know you did fit them!? Stealthily ...how so?

Cheers Ben , haven't stopped driving it since Friday!

Like Alex has said its a slippery slope and the dsg remap is another thing on the list now....I'll drag it out as long as possible!

Didn't know you did fit them!? Stealthily ...how so?

I thought you'd be pleased!

Reactions: Alex_Wil

Which Alex are you referring to!

Mine's getting beyond stealthy!

Which Alex are you referring to!

Mine's getting beyond stealthy!

You! Will tidy up the engine bay, although it will cover up the nice new manifold, so maybe not.

Reactions: S3Alex and Alex_Wil
You! Will tidy up the engine bay, although it will cover up the nice new manifold, so maybe not.

Do you know.....that came across almost as...... "You WILL tidy up your engine bay"......LOL

I can't have anything covering up the new piece of shinyness,although the engine does need a good wash and brush up after all the rain.

Reactions: RedDejavu
Do you know.....that came across almost as...... "You WILL tidy up your engine bay"......LOL

I can't have anything covering up the new piece of shinyness,although the engine does need a good wash and brush up after all the rain.

Alex i think your engine would fit my engine bay very nicely:D. Dont you reckon?:arco:

Reactions: S3Alex
Alex i think your engine would fit my engine bay very nicely:D. Dont you reckon?:arco:

Absolutely,definitely not.....the flux capacitor is the wrong size....

Reactions: RedDejavu
Took advantage of the sun and gave her a clean !

Reactions: Jhcx
Another small update...

Small extra mods to keep me amused till stage 2 ;)

-Black Audi Quattro tax disk holder

-Audi s3 mats - sorry for not being clean !

-Also got a new number plate surround rather than the dealership one

And a picture of it parked outside

Need peoples advice on whats needed for stage 2 plus a bigger better turbo!

Already have

Miltek cat back
Cai
Stage 1 remap

Booked in

GFB dv+
DSG software upgrade

Any help on direction on what i need to buy next would be great.

Cheers

Alex

Reactions: Wookie82
Need peoples advice on whats needed for stage 2 plus a bigger better turbo!

Already have

Miltek cat back
Cai
Stage 1 remap

Booked in

GFB dv+
DSG software upgrade

Any help on direction on what i need to buy next would be great.

Cheers

Alex

If you're set on a big turbo upgrade,take a deep breath before you do.

I'd set aside at least £7k,and more if you haven't done the brakes and suspension to match.

The best current kits are:

ATP Turbo(the one I have)
CTS Turbo
APR.

The APR kit has the advantage of being basically fit and enjoy,but the downside if any,is using a GTX2867 turbo,which will not get beyond 480bhp.

The ATP kit requires a bit of adapting to an RHD car,but nothing a good tuner can't do,and will accept anything up to a GTX3576,but the exhaust manifold is perhaps a bit restrictive at very high powers,although has been proven up to around 600bhp.

Remember that for anything over 440-460lbs of torque,a bottom end rebuild is advisable,and top end also if you want higher rpm limits(that would include porting,polishing and valvetrain).

At any BT build,you would need a bigger intercooler,such as the Proalloy or similar,and WMI is advisable also.

What I did was to go to Stg2+,as everything you need for that is also useful beyond,and then uprate the brakes and suspension before going to Stg3 and 4.

The advantage you have going through AMDTuning is that they've already built my car,and Decked-S3's using both the ATP and APR kits,so they know both.

Cars looking good man, I like the mats. May have to purchase some myself as the only I currently have are looking a bit tatty. Were they eBay specials?

Can't help on the turbo front, but for stage 2 you just need the high flow sports cat, but if you go down that route might be worthwhile getting a HPFP and going 2+ as it really improves the mid range over stage 2.

I have been reading people suggesting skip stage 2 and just going straight to stage 2+ ? I think if im going to do these works might aswell wait a little bit then and just get it all done at once?

Will be using AMD for all my work Alex so ill have chat with Ben when I take car there on the 5th and see if he can give me total price for everything. The car had service yesterday at local audi dealership and they commented on using AMD to do any works on the audi ( didnt think dealerships would ever recommend tuning your car! Haha )

Yeah got them off ebay stetheo . Company is called ambassador and cost £40 , really good quality aswell

Alex

Yeah I would go straight to stage 2+ get the mid range where it should be.

Also worth finding out the limitations of the stronic clutch as I believe to upgrade this it can cost a small fortune.

Cheers - that's not bad at all going to get myself some of them.

Thats very true could end up spending a load! Avoid the clutch if I can!

No worries - what I did was order on ebay and then called up to check back mats had the fitting clips aswell as the front and to make sure they were in black because they do grey aswell

cheers for the advice

Alex

Reactions: stetheo
Yeah I would go straight to stage 2+ get the mid range where it should be.

Also worth finding out the limitations of the stronic clutch as I believe to upgrade this it can cost a small fortune.

Cheers - that's not bad at all going to get myself some of them.

The DSG clutch pack is good up to around 440lbs with software upgrades but a new pack is very expensive.

I'd also agree that Stg2+ is the best step before anything more as Stg2 is really a step short and leaves you a bit light on midrange torque with the stock HPFP.

So ill easily get away with stage 2+ with dsg clutch I have atm?

So what do I need for stage 2+

If its ok can you can give me list and ill see what prices I can get from AMD

Cheers

Alex

So ill easily get away with stage 2+ with dsg clutch I have atm?

So what do I need for stage 2+

If its ok can you can give me list and ill see what prices I can get from AMD

Cheers

Alex

Clutch should be fine.

You will need an uprated HPFP and the Loba pump is perfect.

Also full exhaust,CAI and then I'd advise brakes and suspension upgrades.