Phantom Black
11k miles
Bluefin with 306 BHP RR print out

Extras:
Bose system upgrade
Handsfree Phone Prep Kit
Metallic Paint
Mats

I'd stick it up at £24.995 and reduce accordingly.

Why you selling up?

p

Thinking of selling, but don't want to take too much of a hit.
Do you think it would sell quickly Privately ?
What should I expect part ex ?

I am missing the 370BHP of my last car so much, I am debating going faster again and rear wheel drive. I like my driving experience on the edge and not so safe. The S3 is rapid and does handle very well indeed, but I miss the tail end coming out and power sliding round corners. Maybe I'm just mad !

There seems to be a few on Pistonheads ATM so who knows.

It's a tricky one , coz if people start selling the cars too cheaply the value for the rest of us will plumit ( which WE don't want )

Maybe ring round the dealers , see what there offering.

So what car do you fancy?

p

Tempted with a BMW 135i Coupe (306 BHP) and get it mapped to 350BHP. Quicker than the old M3 std.

Nearly got a TVR 350C when I got the S3 but pulled out on service intervals, cost and warranty costs.

Asked BMW about the 135i Coupe at the time and they said that wouldn't ever do that model so got the S3. Found out 3 weeks ago that it WAS available when I got the S3 (Jan 08). I could kill them over not knowing there own poroduct range, as to change now will cost £1000's when I could have got new for the same price !!!!!

I doubt it will still be worth £25k.

My S-tronic TDI was £27k new march 07 so just a little older with 6k on it and it is apparently worth £18.5k now! Its lost £8.5k in 15 months - and its common knowledge that diesels hold value better than petrols, especially more so with a semi-auto diesel.

the s3 has better residuals than a diesel a3, that is a fact!!!

i would say its worth about 22-23K to be honest with 11K miles on it (imho!). You could get more if someone takes a liking to it and is willing to pay up...
Not so keen on the 135 myself; they are still too ugly imo!...

Keep your S3; you have a nice one!...

fact based on what? it is also a long standing fact that ALL diesels hold value better than ALL petrols - or at least that what I have been told by dealers on numerous occasions... fact of the matter is the S3 is a performance car and is much dearer to run, and in later years will be expensive to put right when it goes wrong, hence holds value less

Id agree more at the £22k mark - no way a year old car (even an S3) has only lost less than £5k in first year - its just not possible more likely a £6-7k loss is more likely surely.

But i guess a lot comes down to supply and demand - if someone comes along and the car is perfect for them they may pay through the nose for it - i probably would to get the right 2nd hand car.

Have a look on the audi used car finder website.
I'd say start at £24k and see who's biting. The thing with used cars is people want to buy someone else's pride and joy, so maybe think about removing the bluefin and return it to standard - may send the wront impression to some if it is chipped.

With regards to the S3's residuals - it does have better residuals that an A3 (whether diesel or petrol) purely becuse it is a rarer & higher premium product.
For every 40 or more A3 TDi's there is only 1 S3..... therefore the price stays up. It's all supply and demand eh :thumbsup:

J

I am getting a brand new S3 for £26k which will be the new shape so on that basis I think £22k is about what you will get for a one year old one

£4k loss in one year on a £26k car - i doubt that very much... a porsche boxster would lose more than that and that is THE least depreciating car available.

I see what you are saying about the S3 being 'less common' but over the next couple of years how long for? Its common on this website alone that people can get discounts of 8-9% - this will have an effect on residuals surely

In fairness it's a funny time with the facelift just coming out - perhaps people will expect the price to drop a little - I dunno. Be interesting if one of the dealers that come on here have a view.
I'd still stick it at around £23-24k (or at least just undercut something similar on the audi approved used site) and see what happens.

If someone wants one now, in black, with Bose and phone prep they will bite to beat the wait!

Or just push a BMW dealer who really needs to shift a 135 coupe into giving you the deal you need!

I'am in no way saying the car will sell for £24.995 , but it's a nice starting price ( judging by other examples on Pistonheads ) you want to make as much as you can without pricing yourself out of the game!

You may to to come down a grand or so who knows.

One things for sure , you won't be getting much discount on the 135i so every little helps.

p

I'am in no way saying the car will sell for £24.995 , but it's a nice starting price ( judging by other examples on Pistonheads ) you want to make as much as you can without pricing yourself out of the game!

I'll give you 25 quid for it, cash waiting :)

Cheers for your input. I think I will make a few enquiries, with the figures above I'm guessing Part ex price will be too poor for me to change anyway. Maybe re-visit this in 6 months when some 1 year old 135i's come on the market if I can't do it now.